RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/7/21 11:56 p.m.

FB Lloyd's in CA, 4 for $1K

Checks all the boxes! 
German, Micro-cars, ugly, super cheap, cast aluminum fins, suicide doors, one is a station wagon, with four cars you can start your own team or have LOTS of parts.

Drop the body on a damaged Boxster for the ultimate German kitsch car.

As I recall these are originally some odd air-cooled design with front wheel drive?
I'm sure the wizards here can fit an LS or Miata as those are "always" the answer. surprise

Actually, impractical restored Micros are selling for silly money, and I have no idea why.

Ooooh, German Micro-Cars!

Just the thing to drive for the third date!

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
9/8/21 10:11 a.m.

Specs for those interested. 600CC SOHC vertical twin mounted transversally. Transverse leaf springs for upper and lower control "arms" in front suspension with no lateral location besides the springs. The most independent suspension possible! Entire body shell bolted together from shallow draw stampings.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
9/8/21 11:05 a.m.

Shipping from California would kill me, but if someone buys all 4, gimme a call.

Toyman01 + Sized and
Toyman01 + Sized and MegaDork
9/8/21 11:17 a.m.

I really don't like German cars, but that wagon is awesome. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
9/8/21 12:13 p.m.

In reply to Toyman01 + Sized and :

Also very rare in any condition IIRC. 

The wagon might be rare enough to warrant exporting it back to Germany. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/8/21 10:17 p.m.

An old German I used to know told me that one reason such cars are so rare is that as soon as they became a little more affluent the owners in Germany would bury them in their back-yards in the dead of the night, then pretend they never suffered the ignominy of having owned them.
Yes he had several Lloyds, San Jose CA around 1980.

ShawnG
ShawnG UltimaDork
9/8/21 11:05 p.m.

Rare =/= Desirable

Sine_Qua_Non
Sine_Qua_Non SuperDork
9/8/21 11:14 p.m.

I doubt it is still there and that the owner forgot to take the ad down. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/10/21 4:01 p.m.

Just an FYI, I contacted the seller and the deal is still valid.
They have not sold, it is not too late.

Indy "Nub" Guy
Indy "Nub" Guy PowerDork
9/10/21 4:24 p.m.
RichardSIA said:

Just an FYI, I contacted the seller and the deal is still valid.
They have not sold, it is not too late.

Could you assist with getting them and then transport back East?  We might be able to get a few guys to pool together and split it up,. $250 plus shipping for each one !!!!

flat4_5spd
flat4_5spd New Reader
9/10/21 4:36 p.m.

In reply to RichardSIA :

I was kind of hoping the deal wasn't still valid, so I could link to the "Lloyd, Loyd, null and void" terrible white rap scene from Say Anything.  Berkley it, I'm doing it anyway. 

Lloyd null and void

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
9/10/21 5:52 p.m.

Morgan Hill is a little south of San Jose, so not a horrible drive for me but not really close either. Local gas is about $4.00 a gallon, in CA it is $4.20 - $4.90 as of last week.
It would require at least two trips if I put one on the truck and another on the trailer.
Would have to happen before the Snow begins to fly.

Seller has been sitting on these a long time, so maybe he can store them until shipment can be arranged? He has answered my FB messages pretty quickly.

I'm not sure there would be four cars completed from this stash as I would expect one to become parts. 

Confirmed that they are German, no idea why Jeremy Clarkson had them listed as formerly British made.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
9/10/21 6:04 p.m.

That wagon is just begging for a mid-rear setup.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
9/10/21 6:16 p.m.
Indy "Nub" Guy said:

Could you assist with getting them and then transport back East?  We might be able to get a few guys to pool together and split it up,. $250 plus shipping for each one !!!!

I'm in... for the wagon... sadly, so is everyone else! I've even got a good potential mid/rear setup in mind!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E2Sqe9QERo5JSgxqMf3G15mYQsaYQH2qMiNzTSEV6cWOugEmxovGtNYVaIzmbSpr