Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UltraDork
1/8/21 12:18 a.m.

You know you want it.  You know you want to take it to the Challenge.

https://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/d/penney-farms-fiat/7253626037.html

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/8/21 9:03 a.m.

yikes! cranks but no start, which is good because I'm pretty sure if it did start the vibraton would shake it in half. 

But if he's got a spare 5 speed trans (not a 4 speed) then the one in the car and the spare together probably make up for the price of entry. 

RACEC4R
RACEC4R New Reader
1/8/21 10:04 a.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

yikes! cranks but no start, which is good because I'm pretty sure if it did start the vibraton would shake it in half. 

But if he's got a spare 5 speed trans (not a 4 speed) then the one in the car and the spare together probably make up for the price of entry. 

Ron Burgandy's little known distant cousin Meth Beth...

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
1/8/21 10:09 a.m.

It even comes with a spare tailgate.

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/8/21 10:26 a.m.

Holy crap that's rusty. Wow.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/8/21 10:59 a.m.

There's a (slightly) better one in Jacksonville, FL

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/8/21 11:01 a.m.

This one is a little better shape for $800.  Cranks, but doesn't run.  Rusty, but maybe not junk.  Also in NE FL

BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter)
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/8/21 11:29 a.m.

In reply to Hoondavan :

Isn't that the same one as in the original post?

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/8/21 11:33 a.m.
BoxheadTim (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Hoondavan :

Isn't that the same one as in the original post?

yikes...you're 100% right...by bad. 

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
1/8/21 11:57 a.m.

At least the ad has full disclosure pictures of rust, instead of trying to fool folks like most CL ads!!! 

Id imagine they are not bad folks to negotiate with, if someone wanted a parts car. 

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
1/8/21 2:24 p.m.

If it's that rusty topside .......  =~ (

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/9/21 11:09 a.m.

I definitely want one, but looking at these two examples, makes me thank myself for picking up two rust free AW11 MR2's instead....... I prefer the looks of the X1/9 but finding one that is relatively rust free is almost impossible. MR2's also rust, but not as bad and both my cars really are rust free examples. Perhaps someday, I'll find an X that has been sitting in a garage since 1977 out of the elements that someone needs to get rid of.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
1/12/21 9:41 a.m.

There's a nicer looking one in SoFL posted for $4k that's supposedly running/driving & "ready for paint"  tough to tell exactly what stage it's at, and what kind of body work was done based on the pictures.  It's been posted for +6 months now, so there may be some wiggle room.  It has a tow-bar installed so it may be a relatively easy pickup.  I've wanted one of these for a long time.  I have zero direct experience, but absent a Busso V6 transplant I'm guessing the MR2 is probably more fun to drive (and less likely to rot away).  

Wheeler Deelers (show on Motortrend) recently did a light restoration on one of these.  

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
4/23/21 9:03 a.m.

Here's a package deal w/2 X-1/9s.  Neither have titles, but in FL it's not too difficult to get a bonded title.   This project isn't for me.  

The green looks like it does have rust (of course it does) on the door.  The shell also has rust, but 1+1 = 3!  There's a 1300 and 1500 engine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5cr41mbBmW6d6ijFAMX46ZMlVHATeh4ylqC4iS1sXA6GiENudSjBcGza6zQGHJeU