SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
8/18/22 8:45 p.m.

As much as I truly hate to do it, I have to thin the herd.  I absolutely love all of the cars I have and don't want to sell any of them.  At the same time I have to face reality.  I work from home 80% of the time.  When I'm not working from home I'm often going somewhere with my wife and one of the kids, or just going somewhere where my Prius is just the right tool for the job.  I just have too many fun cars and they're going to wind up sitting.  That and my driveway looks like a used car lot, so....  I have gone in circles about what to keep and what to sell.  I still do.  In a perfect world, I'd keep them all.  If I have to chose, I guess I'll offer this up first.  This is a car that GRMer Robbie was instrumental in helping me buy several months ago.  I am totally in love with the Fiero.  By today's standards, it's not a good sports car.  However, it's just really cool.  It also is basically a time capsule.  It runs amazing, interior is mint.  Body is good, just has scars from corny cosmetic add ons that I had to remove.  Here's the link to the ad.  Willing to give a decent GRM discount, as I am not interested in making a profit on a GRM person.  In short, it's an '85 Fiero GT w/4spd.  58k original miles.  Runs fabulous, everything works as it should...including the a/c.  Brand new tires and ignition coil.  Really needs nothing right now, just if you really want to make the cosmetics perfect.  Frankly kinda hoping it doesn't sell, but I know I have to.  Never thought I'd say I have "too many cars", but here I am.  Besides, I've got to make room for my favorite budget mid-engine car...AW11.  Got a line on a street legal one that I may pick up after the Challenge...wink, wink AnthonyGS.  Next up for sale will either be an '03 Boxster w/rebuilt title or really clean NA Miata.  That decision is keeping me up at night, I get so much joy driving each of them.

Fiero link:   https://atlanta.craigslist.org/wat/cto/d/dallas-1985-pontiac-fiero-gt-4spd-58k/7521315084.html

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
8/18/22 9:08 p.m.

Nice car - wish you the best on the sale.  

I might be older but I remember R&T sending out teasers about the car.  

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
8/18/22 9:30 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

I'm pushing Jerry to you instead of a C3

Jerry
Jerry PowerDork
8/18/22 9:40 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Not gonna lie, I kinda dig Fiero's and remember when the first one hit the dealers, 83 or 84?  I was with my dad and they had one set up for some kind of racing, I forget.  I remember the cage and my dad who was drooling over how nice the cage was built.  And how it made his cage in the rally Opel Manta "look like trash".

nocones
nocones PowerDork
8/18/22 11:13 p.m.

That doesn't seem like a bad price at all.  I had a 86 SE (Same as an 85 GT) for years and loved it.  Nostalgia is making me long but reality is making me keep this one a Memory.  Good Luck with Sale that seems like a nice car.  

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
8/18/22 11:30 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

That's a nice one!!

I miss my Fiero, but I'm not your buyer. 

8/19/22 7:52 a.m.

Thanks!  It really is a nice car and I would like to keep it.  Sadly, HOA living and lack of use = no bueno.  I've started writing an ad for my 986 two or three times but can't bring myself to hit "post".  I need to trim at least two cars from the group, if not three, but it feels like I'm picking my favorite child.  For someone who typically has very bad automotive ADHD, this is uncharted waters.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/19/22 8:35 a.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Sadly, HOA living and lack of use = no bueno.  I've started writing an ad for my 986 two or three times but can't bring myself to hit "post".

Slight thread hijack, HOA living might not be a fan of my Boxster if that was still on your mind. But just like you I'm having a hard time thinking about selling it. I'm actually on the verge of getting it registered...

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/19/22 10:43 a.m.

That is a Radwood lovers dream.  That car would bring the dough on BaT.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/19/22 10:51 a.m.

is the wood dash and console trim OE?  i cant say i remember ever seeing that, but i don't hate it. neat car, and i will probably own one someday.  today is not that day.  GLWS!

8/19/22 11:04 a.m.
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

Not sure they would accept it with the cosmetics??

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
8/19/22 11:07 a.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) said:

Not sure they would accept it with the cosmetics??

carsandbids.com is gaining popularity too. 

stan
stan UltraDork
8/19/22 11:41 a.m.

Nice Fiero. I liked the couple I had, but my AW11 was a much better car and a LOT more fun to drive. I think you're making a tough, but wise choice.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
8/19/22 12:21 p.m.

Very Nice Fiero! I bought one new in 1985 black 2.8 V6 with 4 speed manual. Fun car, but I agree with others the AW11 and Boxster are much better cars. GLWS!

BBC

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Tju7Khqgr3X0S1dP1eEwK6lh2qb7s0Yno9AQgM3xH7w0OaVDNa2U8ipSD40qpz8E