Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Reader
1/18/20 10:00 p.m.
Woody
Woody MegaDork
1/19/20 7:18 a.m.

There's still a carb'd Accord that I see running around here once in a while, but they are few and far between. Back when this car was new, the DX and LX had the carb, the LX-i and SE-i were fuel injected. The Prelude S of that year still had twin carbs for another year or two, and may have been the last carb'd car available in the country.

NGTD
NGTD PowerDork
1/19/20 8:21 a.m.

Offer $199

slowbird
slowbird Dork
1/19/20 9:19 a.m.
NGTD said:

Offer $199

Throw in a candy bar and you've got a deal. wink

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
1/19/20 10:03 a.m.
Woody said:

There's still a carb'd Accord that I see running around here once in a while, but they are few and far between. Back when this car was new, the DX and LX had the carb, the LX-i and SE-i were fuel injected. The Prelude S of that year still had twin carbs for another year or two, and may have been the last carb'd car available in the country.

They also had vacuum lines that could span from coast-to-coast. 

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
1/19/20 12:21 p.m.

Head gasket killed mine too. And probably the one I sold to my brother. 

these are now "vintage", huh?

02Pilot
02Pilot SuperDork
1/19/20 3:45 p.m.
Woody said:

I believe I am correct in stating that the last carburetted car sold in the US was the Subaru Justy in maybe 1993. Why that tidbit is stuck in my head, I have no idea.

Nugi
Nugi Reader
1/19/20 4:27 p.m.

In reply to 02Pilot :

Thats pretty late. I know my 87 toyota was the last year they came with carbs sans special order.

Weren't a few chevy 305s carbed until the early 90s as well?

johndej
johndej HalfDork
1/19/20 4:36 p.m.

I'm still holding onto a rare armrest for one of these as I plan to grab another in the future. Hatchback fuel injection maroon preferred.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Jqct7Wh9XwhmpQGUoTkajUcYZ78uTwt4wv2QB43KLl7bC51HAY0S9GaFSVbLULyu