1 2
untchabl
untchabl Reader
1/1/19 2:05 p.m.

1991 Cavalier Z24 3.1 automatic with 94k miles. Bought this at insurance auction and honestly I don't know why I even bid on it, I have no desire to fix or own this car. Back glass is busted out and floorboards are standing water. I spent about 10 minutes and got it running however it will only run for about 3-5 seconds before it shuts off. From a bit of Google research it's probably one or more injectors are bad.

CAR IS FREE to anyone wanting to use it for the Radwood theme next year at the Challenge.

Will be sold with Bill of sale only, no title. Could be a challenge car or dirt track racer or whatever you want it to be. Located in Siler City NC.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
1/1/19 2:09 p.m.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/1/19 8:48 p.m.

Aw crap i am glad it’s not a 5 speed or i’d be buying a cavalier.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
1/1/19 8:50 p.m.
Patrick said:

Aw crap i am glad it’s not a 5 speed or i’d be buying a cavalier.

My thoughts exactly. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/1/19 9:45 p.m.

Fix it and see how you like it.  3.1 cavaliers are no slouches.  Plus you can turbo the 3.1 with ford 5.0 yellow top injectors and a chip for a 3.1 turbo grand prix.  Make a blockoff on the rear manifold, hang a t3 off the crossover pipe over the transmission and ebay up an intercooler.  

untchabl
untchabl Reader
1/2/19 7:46 p.m.
Patrick said:

Fix it and see how you like it.  3.1 cavaliers are no slouches.  Plus you can turbo the 3.1 with ford 5.0 yellow top injectors and a chip for a 3.1 turbo grand prix.  Make a blockoff on the rear manifold, hang a t3 off the crossover pipe over the transmission and ebay up an intercooler.  

I've actually got 4 42-lb Ford injectors laying around that I've had forever. Buy the car and I'll throw them in. I've got my C30 project, my rock crawler project and when I'm done with those I've got my Mazdaspeed Protege project.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/4/19 1:04 p.m.

I had a Z24 at one point in time.  I always thought it would've made a fun rallycross car. If I recall correctly, it didn't weigh that much.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
1/17/19 3:54 p.m.

Anybody interested?

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
1/17/19 5:45 p.m.

In reply to untchabl :

Message sent.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
1/17/19 7:24 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette :

Replied

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
1/17/19 10:23 p.m.

If it was one of the later DOHC 4s, I might have.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
1/19/19 10:46 a.m.

Sale pending to GTXVette

untchabl
untchabl Reader
3/5/19 8:27 p.m.

Haven't heard anything from GTXVette for several weeks. So I'm putting the car back up for sale.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy UltimaDork
3/5/19 9:08 p.m.

He had a trip planned. Did you message him?

untchabl
untchabl Reader
3/6/19 7:47 a.m.

In reply to Brett_Murphy :

Sent him an email a few days ago but haven't heard back.

GTXVette
GTXVette SuperDork
3/6/19 2:14 p.m.

Yea sorry 'bout that. you are just in a place that is proving Hard to get to, If it can sell do so It could be a bit before I can get up there.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
3/10/19 6:24 p.m.

How nasty is it inside currently? Back window opening still sealed up?

RMiata
RMiata New Reader
3/11/19 12:13 a.m.

If nothing else would make a great parts car, very reasonable price

untchabl
untchabl Reader
3/11/19 5:53 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

Still has the plastic over the rear window. Haven't looked inside it in a couple weeks but it wasn't too bad then. Definitely think it could be saved after it was dried out.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku UltimaDork
3/13/19 11:00 a.m.

Message sent

untchabl
untchabl Reader
3/14/19 5:44 p.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku :

Replied back.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
4/19/19 11:28 a.m.

Price drop $250 obo. I'm planning to take the tires off this car to put on my DD, but I'll put the old tires off my DD back on this car so it will still be a complete car.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
7/16/19 3:39 p.m.

Price drop $200 obo

I stole the BFG tires for my DD but put the old tires from the DD back on. Somebody come buy this before I scrap it.

untchabl
untchabl Reader
9/29/19 8:38 p.m.

Any offers on this thing? I don't want to scrap it but I'd like to clean out a bit behind my shop since I brought home another project last week. 

untchabl
untchabl Reader
10/30/19 8:10 p.m.

In the spirit of the Radwood theme for next year's challenge, I'll give the car away for FREE to anyone that is interested in making it a Challenge car.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
g84ydwvEop177IQMujmiVRLPBO1s4gWwHUyV1TCXpOtE4xEZMPBEXNZSLYGJ9pMm