SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/25/16 5:37 p.m.

My bad back is currently preventing me from working and earning an income so it is a black Friday for more than one reason. I have to let my track toy go. Would love it to go to someone in the community. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5892274373.html

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/26/16 8:39 a.m.

"CL Page Not Found".

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
11/26/16 9:28 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

works for me?

Extremely tempting... wish is were a bit closer.

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/26/16 10:54 a.m.

In reply to 914Driver:

That web address appears to be working. I wonder why it didn't work for you?

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/26/16 11:13 a.m.

In reply to Ian F:

Any way I could close the distance? Shop inspection? Lemonsquad does inspections on cars older than 20 years for $250. I could split it with you. Could also work out something for delivery. Meet you half way or something? Want to be as accommodating as I can to people here.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/26/16 12:09 p.m.
SHAKESBEARD wrote: In reply to 914Driver: That web address appears to be working. I wonder why it didn't work for you?

Could be I dropped something when I cut & paste it.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
11/26/16 11:00 p.m.

Is the car in reasonable DD condition? Does it have functioning AC & cruise? Does it have a sunroof (can't tell for sure, initial glance at photos made me think not but closer inspection says "maybe")? What width are the BBS wheels and are they staggered or square? How about limited slip differential (seems some 325's had limited slip but not traction control)?

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/27/16 10:11 a.m.

In reply to secretariata:

Yes it is in reasonable DD condition for a 23 year old car that is not in mint condition or been garaged its whole life. It would be my DD if it were more practical than my Subaru Impreza. Cruise works. AC needs recharging but should work fine. I've never really used it. Yes it does have a sunroof. I've never used it either. Have never opened it to verify it functions properly. Had no use for it. It's an IS so yes, LSD with no traction control. Wheels are 8" wide square. One thing not mentioned in the original CL ad is driver's side and passenger's side window seals are showing their age and should probably be replaced. Trunk seal should probably be replaced too. I have updated the CL ad to reflect all of this. I have also lowered the price a bit.

http://asheville.craigslist.org/cto/5892274373.html

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/27/16 10:28 a.m.

I have lowered the price a bit. Will go on Ebay soon.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
11/27/16 1:56 p.m.

In reply to SHAKESBEARD:

Thanks for answering my questions. I don't have any need for a sunroof either and was hoping it didn't have one.

I need to think about this and see if I want to have "the conversation" with SWMBO. We currently have a full fleet and adding one more will put us into "more cars than parking spots" territory which has been something I agreed not to do many years ago...

How soon are you going to list it on Ebay?

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/27/16 5:25 p.m.

Probably this week some time. Need to move it out. Possibly have a guy from North Georgia coming up to look at it this next weekend.

secretariata
secretariata Dork
11/27/16 8:55 p.m.

OK, color me interested. Had "the conversation" with SWMBO and expect to wake up tomorrow morning.

I assume you have a clear title, in your name, and in hand (just checking as I've had all 3 turn into problems in the past year)? I'd be interested in seeing it either Friday evening or Saturday morning if it is still around then. I assume there is somewhere that we can get the title notarized after hours? I'm in the Columbia, SC area so I guess it's a 2.5 to 3 hour drive to get to you. I'll send you a text tomorrow.

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/28/16 9:33 a.m.

Yes. The title is clear and in my name and in my hand. Please take the time to reread the CL add before you commit to making a trip up here. I updated it yesterday morning with a few more details and a price drop. Hope none of the added items are dealbreakers for you. Again, the car is 23 years old and not perfect. Hope to hear from you.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
11/28/16 3:25 p.m.

I too live in Asheville and am very interested, but wouldn't be able to do anything until this weekend, at the earliest. That has to be one of the nicest E36 interiors I've seen. Regardless, I am a notary and can help facilitate the title transfer after banking/DMV hours, if necessary. I'm guessing you do mostly track events? I don't recognize the car from the autox community. Good Luck!

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/28/16 6:37 p.m.

In reply to chrispy:

The interior is decent but 23 years old and not perfect. Wasn't much of a concern for me since it was primarily my track car. No autocross for me. If I were keeping it the next thing to happen would be for that interior to come out and safety equipment to go in.

Secratariata is coming up late Friday afternoon. Unfortunately, I'll be showing the car to him in Hendersonville. If the deal falls through I can let you know. Unless you wanted to get a look before that.

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/29/16 3:38 p.m.

Buy mine! Buy mine!

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
11/29/16 3:48 p.m.

E36 M3! How did I not see this 4 days ago?!?! Let me know if secretariata falls through.

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
11/29/16 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Furious_E:

Bad news. Maybe. It's not an M3. Would be perfect for your LS swap though. That's what I was going to do with it eventually.

chrispy
chrispy HalfDork
11/30/16 7:28 a.m.

Thanks for the reply. I'm out, the funds aren't there . Good luck with the sale!

Furious_E
Furious_E Dork
11/30/16 11:05 a.m.
SHAKESBEARD wrote: In reply to Furious_E: Bad news. Maybe. It's not an M3. Would be perfect for your LS swap though. That's what I was going to do with it eventually.

Haha, that's not supposed to read "E36 M3" as in the car, it's "E36 M3" as in the forum filter word. And yes, it would be a perfect home for the LS.

SHAKESBEARD
SHAKESBEARD New Reader
12/2/16 9:08 p.m.

Sold to secretariata! Thank you sir, and thank you GRM community. Now if I could just sell those Ultraleggera wheels.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
whSDHVQKcY7P4hEInl2ZOYuv3vkAYxppwEdo4MWcWUB7sZl6Cz2AueycdzrYZfFZ