mdshaw
mdshaw New Reader
11/21/20 1:47 p.m.

Our daughter wants to sell her 06 Baja Turbo Auto. We just did the timing belt, water pump & tensioner. She doesn't need the awd in Florida. It is the turbo version but is detuned from what I've read since it is an auto. Since she has had it, to me it really hasn't accelerated properly. I hooked up my Torque Pro & monitored everything I can & everything is fine, it builds boost to @9psi, afr's are good, load is good. There are no cels. From what I've read, it might have a plugged up-pipe or down-pipe. I just had knee surgery & can't work on it right now. The dealer just did the airbag recall also but left the airbag light on. Said they charge for that. We do have a new up-pipe & down-pipe for it though. It must have been from an area that salted the roads also because there is some rusting underneath also. Has 158,000 miles & needs a nice new winter home.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/21/20 1:54 p.m.

Price?

location?

more info on green pickup?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/21/20 2:15 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Sounds like florida, also curious on price

mdshaw
mdshaw New Reader
11/21/20 2:24 p.m.

Port Saint Joe Florida. In the panhandle.

She has @ $5k into the Subaru & just wants to sell it for what she can get since no need for the awd.

540-219-3959

The green truck is her 64 that we built a 454 & turbo 400 for. Just rejetted it for the ocean elevation since moving here from Idaho. Need to finish it.

californiamilleghia
californiamilleghia SuperDork
11/21/20 2:36 p.m.
mdshaw said:

The dealer just did the airbag recall also but left the airbag light on. Said they charge for that. 

That is BS , is that Subie Policy or the dealer trying to make a few extra bucks !

Time for a Twitter storm  on subies Twitter feed.....

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
11/21/20 3:08 p.m.

It was a very frustrating trip getting the airbag recall done. It was 80 miles to the closest Subaru dealer in Tallahassee. I also asked them to check on the slow leaking front right tire that needs air every 3 weeks because it's down to 20 psi. 
I asked if they checked it, he said yes but didn't find the leak. I said well it's very consistent & loses about 24 psi over 3 weeks. I asked if they used a water tank? He just said they couldn't find the leak. But then being the go getter customer service ace he was, he said -if it loses air again just come back & we'll check again. I just said I'll go to a tire shop closer to home. Why would I drive 80 miles again to have you check again for a leak that you clearly don't have the tools to find.

1kris06
1kris06 HalfDork
11/21/20 6:46 p.m.
californiamilleghia said:
mdshaw said:

The dealer just did the airbag recall also but left the airbag light on. Said they charge for that. 

That is BS , is that Subie Policy or the dealer trying to make a few extra bucks !

Time for a Twitter storm  on subies Twitter feed.....

Depends what the airbag recall was for. If it's takata related. That doesn't set an srs/airbag light, theres possibly an issue with one of the front seatbelt buckles.

mdshaw
mdshaw Reader
11/21/20 7:17 p.m.

Ok that could be. Yes it was the Takata.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SSoHIRTlTbdfDmJMGYO0RQeHNkk0wvaRj5HzWZ2k3PSWJYmZRv7XV4xfh4qi67XV