Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/29/20 9:51 a.m.

There comes a time when you realize you need a different vehicle, but you don't have room.

So I need a truck. A tow vehicle. That way I don't have to borrow Pyro's truck.

First up is Gerti. Starts every time, complete new suspension, fuel pump, lots of cleaning.

The build thread if your curious, I have a lot more than $1500 in it but for the forum members.... $1500, I think I have that much in new parts not counting the car itself.

As it sits, like, right now:

The next Fordmobile, you know her, you love her, THE ZX-2!

The build thread, and only about 5500 miles on the drivetrain since it was new. I'm going to ask $1200, with $800 and some extras that come with it you could make a crazy good Challenge car. I just don't have the interest.

Note, I think the steering rack should be replaced, depending on how the build goes for this years Challenge I may have one to throw in.

As it sits, like, right now:

Ah, my Unicorn, I really don't want to sell it but, we both are going to need to change cars, it starts and runs nice, idles like a dream, it doesn't like top end right now. I may have it fixed by the time it sells, or not.

The build thread, and this hurts but for GRM, $1800, for a running, driving, insured RX-8. No hot start issues indicating loss of compression, and it will come with enough extra parts to sell or trade you could sell the engine, do a swap and have a Challenge car with good handling and a turbo vee something under the hood.

As it.... , well, you know....

Now next up on the list is my CR-V, 204K miles, new battery, starter, cv axles, etc. Its going to need more work. I am just not going to do it. It needs front brakes. I think it needs disks and pads, disks are vibrating and I just haven't gotten new ones yet. Has door dings, the six cd changed dies and was removed. The radio works fine, navigation is a few years out of date.

I'm going to ask $2000, if that too high, I get more than that for trade in when Pyro decides on her vehicle.

The thread about it. I have done stuff and not recorded it here, but it gives you an idea.

I'll wait a few days for the forum, but then I'll post these in other places.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/20 11:09 a.m.

Oh man. That Rx8...

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
5/30/20 12:49 a.m.

Got my attention when ya mentioned parting out, but I doubt you'll get to that. Too much potential in that car to pull it apart!

I am needing a r front fender for mine; I can find 'em local for around 260, new. Online for 260 w/free shipping, or $60, w/200 shipping. Sadly no pic-a-parts near heresad

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
5/30/20 6:59 p.m.

I'm surprised Clem hasn't messaged me. He needs another Panther...

wink

Heck I'd knock it down a bit more for him.

icaneat50eggs
icaneat50eggs Dork
6/2/20 7:37 a.m.

hows the interior on the RX-8?  I looked at the build thread but didn't see much inside pics.

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
6/2/20 7:45 a.m.

That CRV tempts me but I don't really need it (for a kid) for a whole year. Someone should scoop it up as a nice daily. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/2/20 11:08 p.m.
icaneat50eggs said:

hows the interior on the RX-8?  I looked at the build thread but didn't see much inside pics.

The inside is pretty good, the passenger side dash is cracked and the center console door is loose, those are normal. I don't remember if I I documented it or not but I resoldered the hvac controls to fix that common problem. Seats are not torn, normal wear, Trunk is like new and it has the extra kit Mazda gave out. The spare is the yellow wheel thing.

Sorry it took so long to get back to your question.

Edit -- I'll post pics tomorrow

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/6/20 10:29 a.m.

Update --

CR-V was traded in on Pyros new daily.

RX-8 is my temp daily until I get tires / alignment / insurance for the Grand Marquis, and it will be my daily for a while.

So it will be a while before anything is up for sale again.

Pyro got a 2019 Honda Passport, I get to ride in it. She didn't appreciate my suggestion that the all weather mats in the back would be easy to clean after a Pick-N-Pull run....

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/10/20 5:24 p.m.

Not for sale exactly but if you bring a trailer any or all of it is free to a GRM'er.

1969 one owner C 10. No title. There is a hood.

It is rotted. I do have some windows that go with it. Mostly I hope one of you maniacs builds an awesome Challenge truck. Just saying.

smiley

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) Dork
6/11/20 11:41 a.m.

Oh damn.  

I told my wife I wouldn't buy any new projects.  Didn't say anything about dragging home free ones. 

Aside from the obvious engine/trans/radiator, is it missing any hard parts?

lavitzlegend
lavitzlegend New Reader
6/11/20 11:56 a.m.

So the RX8 is or is not for sale? I'm up in Des Moines and might be interested in adding another dorito to the mix...

03Panther
03Panther HalfDork
6/11/20 12:21 p.m.
psteav (Forum Supporter) said:

Oh damn.  

I told my wife I wouldn't buy any new projects.  Didn't say anything about dragging home free ones. 

Aside from the obvious engine/trans/radiator, is it missing any hard parts?

I’m not even allowed any free ones till I fix (or scrap) a few! Could probably talk her into that, if it was delivered, (she is pretty cool bout stuff!) but ain’t gonna let me spend fuel!!!

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/11/20 12:47 p.m.

Not missing any hard parts except the engine. 

I have lost my ability to tow and deliver for a while. Working on a truck but may be a while.

I refused to put a hitch on Pyros ride. I'll find something. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
6/11/20 12:51 p.m.

So, buy the grand marquis, get the better looking body free?

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/11/20 12:51 p.m.
lavitzlegend said:

So the RX8 is or is not for sale? I'm up in Des Moines and might be interested in adding another dorito to the mix...

No it's not.

I thought I would sell it but things happen.

It's all I have to drive right now and I just ordered a/c pump condenser idle pulley and belt cause its smoking hot around here.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
6/11/20 1:13 p.m.

long box or short box on the c10? I can't quite tell from pics. If short, the WB is 115 and marquis should be 114.7

Vehicle width should be nearly an exact match too. 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/11/20 1:57 p.m.
Robbie (Forum Supporter) said:

long box or short box on the c10? I can't quite tell from pics. If short, the WB is 115 and marquis should be 114.7

Vehicle width should be nearly an exact match too. 

Long box. 

The Grand Maquis has a title though. In fact its insured now. I'm waiting for a payday so a local shop to do an alignment, tires and inspection. Then we will back up to 3 vehicles. 

The Ridgeline had rusted worse than I thought so we traded both it and the CR-V in on the new Passport. THAT is what kind of screwed up all my plans.

Besides they gave us great trade in on the 2, much more than I thought. So I will look for a better tow pig.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
6/11/20 2:08 p.m.

Man. I'm tempted to take a week off of work, grab a buddy and a tent and drive your way. Get some other GRMers to come out and help swap bodies, and then drive home with grand marquis that looks like a truck, and bring the Missouri C10 frame back up here to Chicago where it will be 'rust free' and worth something. 

If it weren't for Covid, we could make a pretty good party out of the whole thing. 

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
6/11/20 2:27 p.m.

I just found the thread.  I don't need a panther, unfortunately.  But I do want a C10.  I can come grab it.

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) HalfDork
6/11/20 5:25 p.m.

Talked to Clem and he is coming with a trailer to get the C10.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder Dork
6/11/20 9:29 p.m.

Ha, you're cleaning house!

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
6/20/20 11:08 a.m.

Somebody is on a mission 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
6/20/20 1:09 p.m.

Met Clem a.k.a. Alex and his bride. Very nice people.

And with surprisingly little trouble we got the C10 on the trailer and on it's way to a new home.

The wheels he brought looked good on it! 

On side note I talked him into riding in Gerti and he confirmed my suspicion that it needs coils and plugs. There a miss under part throttle light load.

Rockauto just got another order. wink

ClemSparks
ClemSparks UltimaDork
6/20/20 3:55 p.m.

Thanks a bunch!  It's not going to be a fast project, but I'll keep us all updated on its future.  

I just pulled into the homestead and realized I have several generations of GM truck in one spot, lol...

Three

Four!

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
6/23/20 11:33 a.m.

My son is almost 15 and loves the magic spinning Dorito powered cars.  If the RX8 becomes for sale again, i have told him to start saving his money.  That said, i read the build thread last night and today, and after all that work, if i were you id be putting a bunch of miles on it before i sold it too

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XTScPg2clRSKROZP4yIEa9bbjXDQCNtsKHofBqUaGbZxC96XoZsg5D3hJFxpdxmS