914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
7/6/21 6:57 a.m.
fatallightning
fatallightning Reader
7/6/21 7:32 a.m.

Not running. Wonder why. If it's like mine, I bet the fuel lever sender has intermittent contact that cuts power to the fuel pump. Fairly common on these at this age.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
7/6/21 6:04 p.m.

In reply to fatallightning :

Fuel pump failure is highly common as well. $700 fix, the first time I needed one. 2nd time, I let mine sit too long (cause I didn't have $700) and now too much stuff has been stolen off it to fix. Now that you can get a China pump, it's an $80 fix!

Many other common things it could be, as well. I'd look into it if closer... heck. Might anyway!

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
7/6/21 6:40 p.m.

I dont have enough info to give FB for them to let me back into the account i made just to contact a car from on here. Anyone want to see if they can get me contact info for this bike? Keeping my '87 K75s 100%stock is important to me, but also has me interested in getting my 88 K75s going again. I'd love to talk to this one, and se where it goes. Thanks.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
7/8/21 2:16 a.m.

Anybody? Someone comfortable with the book of faces? should I start another profile, and write down the info this time, since I will not use it again for months?

LarryNH (Supporter)
LarryNH (Supporter) Reader
7/8/21 5:28 a.m.

James Boccardo Whitesboro NY

donalson
donalson PowerDork
7/10/21 12:19 a.m.
03Panther said:

Anybody? Someone comfortable with the book of faces? should I start another profile, and write down the info this time, since I will not use it again for months?

Any questions or specific stuff you want to ask? This is the pics and info 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
7/10/21 12:28 a.m.

Hey! Thanks.

Thought I has a friend from Binghampton NY making a road trip up there this summer, but he has canceled his trip. I was able to look up a phone number for the guy after Larry NH provided the name. In looking for a parts bike, I found a K1100RS in GA that might be worth selling my 87 K75S for, but still thinking. I might still give that guy in NY a call; see if we could work something out.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fqmmddsoufflNECZgWKg7ieqsXzgPSHLA3dNYnuSPR5XNo3Lw3Uq0AWS15ykFZzK