1 2
BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/11/23 4:53 p.m.

In reply to KonaBoss :

Yes, someone else snagged it, sorry. I had assumed that I'd either hear back from you on this thread or via PM, and after I didn't hear anything I got in touch with the next in line.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/11/23 5:07 p.m.
eurotechms said:

Any pics of the P38?

Sorry for the delay, I finally got it out of its hiding place. To its credit it started right up and eventually inflated the airbags to the correct level as well. Unfortunately the reason why the dash is apart on the passenger side (the <expletive deleted> heater O-rings) has already come up again as the darn things have started leaking again. There's less than 20 miles on them and they're something like nine months old...

Known issues other than the O rings - front left airbag is leaking at the connector. It's a new airbag from the UK but unfortunately out of warranty. It's also got a very slight misfire when accelerating at from low revs. I suspect it's got an air leak somewhere despite having a new intake gasket. The vacuum hoses for the cruise control need to be replaced as the old ones crumbled when I touched them and that's potentially the reason for the leak. Repair kit comes with the truck.

It's in pretty good shape rust wise - it's originally from CA, we had it in NV for 6 years before it followed us across the country, so it's not been in salt lick country for very long.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/11/23 5:08 p.m.

I'm also rather negotiable on the Range Rover because I'd really prefer to see the back of it.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/12/23 3:16 p.m.

Range Rover sold, pending pickup.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/15/23 8:14 p.m.

Range Rover picked up.

Definitely still for sale are the F250 and the SAAB.

Looking for around $6200 for the truck on its own, will consider trade for a Miata or Harley Electra/Ultra Glide with cash either way.

Please GRM forum members, help me so I don't have to put these on FB Marketplace .

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
3/15/23 8:47 p.m.

Saab pictures?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/15/23 9:13 p.m.
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) said:

Saab pictures?

Errrr.....

Video OK?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/15/23 9:13 p.m.

Not shown in the video is that I also have a set of stock wheels for it, but the tires on those are ancient.

3/16/23 6:50 a.m.

I love the title caption...wallet beater.  LOL!  Your Russian wink accent just puts icing on the cake.  

Did the boost control valve solve the issue you were working on in the video?  Do you happen to know what creature comforts still work...heat, a/c, windows, radio, etc...?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/16/23 8:55 a.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

It did massively improve boost control, but I'm still basking in the warm light of the check engine light as mentioned in the initial post. I'm still trying to track down the cause, just with less fervor. Drives fine as it is like a lot of the Trionic 7 cars.

Heat, a/c, butt warmers, windows, central locking and all that jazz is working. I'm not sure the CD player is working, but the radio appears to work. Radio/computer display is working 100% as well. Rear headrests are missing.

Since the video and its follow up, I've also replaced the damaged driver's side taillight.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/17/23 9:07 a.m.

Trailer is sold and has been picked up.

3/18/23 7:38 p.m.

Thanks.  Obviously it's a 21 year old Saab, so plan accordingly, but from what you've seen of it would you have a reasonable level of confidence to count on it as a DD?  Have you driven it a lot?  I'll be in need of a car to soak up a lot of miles.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/18/23 8:05 p.m.

In reply to SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) :

I have used it as a DD, but I don't drive that much. But it's also never let me down when I had to jump in it for any trip. It just ... works. 

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/26/23 1:07 p.m.

More photos of the F250 - it's on FBMP now, but I'd still much rather sell to a GRMer.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
3/26/23 1:08 p.m.

Oh, and the SAAB is also still available.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/1/23 2:18 p.m.

Truck sold and picked up.

Frantick
Frantick None
4/6/23 7:30 a.m.

so amazing truck can you tell me price i am interested.

Flynlow (FS)
Flynlow (FS) Dork
4/6/23 8:51 a.m.

In reply to Frantick :

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
4/6/23 9:21 a.m.

In reply to Flynlow (FS) :

Thanks, I was trying to find a polite way to express the same sentiment.

In other news, the SAAB is still available.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
T7kbpTcVJpPBYNXqKLxLjd8RMhCSYZXBAygXPPzfDGlYaQkrW2m19Y99XZhmDzWY