Just popping by to bump this. I can't, but it looks like a very solid deal.

echoechoecho
echoechoecho Reader
8/19/20 9:53 p.m.

Where are you located?

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
8/20/20 12:07 a.m.

In reply to echoechoecho :

I’m just East of Pittsburgh. 

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
8/20/20 12:23 a.m.

In reply to skippyman :

I just realized I forgot to put the mileage in the ad. The car has a little less than 105,000 actual miles.

rodknock
rodknock Reader
8/20/20 3:40 p.m.

Someone please buy this so I don't have to lol. I just bought a Focus ST but I have been missing having a Miata since I sold mine Jerry. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
8/22/20 10:25 p.m.

I should make an epic fly and drive trip to get this and bring it home to Chicago.

trigun7469
trigun7469 SuperDork
8/24/20 10:34 a.m.

I am in PA, just wondering if this is a track only car or would it possible to get through the paperwork and get it registered?

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
8/24/20 4:21 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

Yes you can get this registered in PA. It currently has a Pa. salvage certificate. To get the car plated it would have to pass an enhanced Pa. inspection, as with a normal inspection everything has to work including the air bag system. (and it still does) As I understand it the inspection is mostly checking for totaled cars that haven't been put back together properly. This car was not hit hard and only got the parts I described in the ad. I bought it primarily for the challenge and since the carpet and console were pretty bad I pitched them. To make it comfortable again you'd have to find at least those 2 things.

gde31ff
gde31ff New Reader
8/29/20 9:51 p.m.

What kinds of odds would you put on that Miata being road-worthy enough to make it down I-77 into NC over Labor Day weekend?? Brakes, cooling system, basic reliability? I'm interested.....

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
8/30/20 9:53 a.m.

I don't think it would be a problem the car runs great. I replaced the pads and rotors,  the brake fluid and also the clutch fluid. I changed the oil and filter, put in new spark plugs, replaced the battery. The car isn't Pa. legal so I can't drive it on the main roads but I have driven it around my neighborhood and it drives very good.

gde31ff
gde31ff New Reader
8/30/20 7:41 p.m.

Would you mind shooting me a PM w/ your contact info?  I tried to send you a PM and it got rejected.  Thanks - GDE

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
8/30/20 8:14 p.m.

Does it have a title?  I'm unfamiliar with salvage certificates.

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
8/30/20 9:40 p.m.

In many states when a car has been totaled by the insurance company the car is sold with a salvage certificate. It looks like a title and can be used to convey the vehicle from one owner to another. In Pa you have to take the car along with the certificate for an enhanced inspection to receive a reconstructed title so that the car can be plated. 

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr UberDork
8/30/20 10:33 p.m.

In reply to skippyman :

Hmmm...  I might want if all other deals fall through.

We were talking about buying a golf cart for our southern community.  I thought a miata with the trunk removed and a bench seat in place would be cheaper and better.  I'd make it street legal to take the kiddos on the 30 minute trip to the beach too....

This intrigues me!

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
9/1/20 2:52 p.m.

In reply to gde31ff :

I sent you my contact info. Check your spam folder. 

gde31ff
gde31ff New Reader
9/3/20 2:25 p.m.

Annnnnnndddd - I ended up with this (below) instead of the M-I-A-T-A.  I put out the "this'll never win" bid that eventually WON.  I'm sure I'll become a better wrencher b/c there's not a lot to wax here....  Who knows - there is a lot of $$$ space to turn this into a runner that might get us down to the Challenge some (post-COVID) year..

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/cars-sale/1974-triumph-spitfire-project-richmond-va/176063/page1/

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
9/11/20 2:03 p.m.

I'd really like to sell this car.

I was looking for $1650 for the car with the steelies and I wanted $550 more if the buyer wanted the Advanti wheels and Yokahama tires.

I'm willing to let it go with the Advanti wheels/Yokahama tires for $1750    (you get the steelies with decent tires too)

nderwater
nderwater UltimaDork
9/11/20 2:29 p.m.

That's a smoking deal.  Wish I was closer!

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
9/14/20 12:27 p.m.

I cut the price to $1500 with the Advanti wheels and tires included. If I can't get $1500 I'll part it out.

P3PPY
P3PPY HalfDork
9/14/20 12:49 p.m.

I saw firsthand this weekend how well they handle crazy logging trails in the rain, if that’s anyone’s holdup. 

BlueInGreen - Jon
BlueInGreen - Jon UltraDork
9/14/20 1:04 p.m.

Dang, great deal. How has no one snapped this up yet?

skippyman
skippyman New Reader
9/14/20 9:22 p.m.

In reply to BlueInGreen - Jon :

Sold

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NuQfbtv7Pyq2tU6hXddv4MjaRZxZJWLEjUyPklzEh3PbARGyF0Rof2o5c7yc1ZAx