BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/4/21 6:16 p.m.

1992 GoldWing GL1500 SE in glorious, RadWood-worthy two tone teal with all toys other than CB. Yes, it has reverse. No, I never used reverse. 41k miles on the odometer, and a tape stuck in the tape deck. Aftermarket seat w/ rider backrest (not shown), plus highway foot boards.

Bought a couple of years ago, bike was supposedly one family owned from new but I never checked the CarFax. It's definitely been looked after, including hand written maintenance notes from the POs that suggest the mileage is genuine.

I've had the timing belts done at the local Honda dealer a couple of years ago. Just went through the bike and put new OEM brake pads on all around, plus flushed both brake circuits, and replaced the final drive oil. Air and fuel filters changed last year with OEM parts. Will do an oil and filter change before the buyer picks up the bike. Tires have plenty of tread left but are a few years old (see date codes in pictures). To the best of my knowledge, everything works on the bike other than the tape deck. 

There are several boxes of extras that come with the bike. From memory:

• OEM Honda workshop manual (for the 1993 model year, but so far I've not found any differences)
  • Tall windshield
  • Second set of mufflers (I think OEM, haven't even opened the box)
  • OEM seat with backrest, both in good condition. I just prefer the aftermarket seat
  • A box or two with smaller items like rider footboards, wind deflectors, a bike cover etc.

Bike is located in the Eastern WV Panhandle (Berkeley Springs)

GRM price $3750, although I may entertain trades for other stuff I don't strictly need like guitars, a small capacity enduro bike in similar condition, Miatas etc.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/4/21 6:19 p.m.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Like every other GL1500, the thing lights up like a Christmas tree because every side reflector has been replaced with light-up ones and even the floor boards have integrated lights.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
5/4/21 7:33 p.m.

I bought a Shoei helmet (RF200?) in 1991 that was exactly that color.

And now I know why they made that helmet in that color. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/4/21 8:44 p.m.

That's a beautiful bike in teal, and obviously well cared for. I (being an old school bobber guy) always thought if ya need that much seat, and a faring to hide behind, just get a car! Not the minimalist faring of a BMW K75S is not large enough, and I'll be modifying the one I just picked up.

I imagine you wont have any trouble finding her a good home, as clean as it is.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
5/4/21 8:57 p.m.

Yeah, I'm grumbling about a dog needing surgery right now... Thats prob one of the nicest examples I've seen recently. Perfect location for a BRP fly and ride if you're heading south.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/4/21 9:13 p.m.

Thanks for the kind words. It is pretty clean - as usual, the photos make it look a bit nicer than it is - and that was the main reason I bought it, because of the condition and it clearly having been looked after. It also does seem to have been spared the worst of the magpie-like tendencies one often gets with this model GoldWing. I did remove the headlight modulator that was on the bike because I don't like them and after more than on incident when I accidentelly turned it on and someone coming the other way suffering from target fixation thanks to the headlights. At least that gave me an opportunity to clean up behind the headlight and also readjust the screen clamping mechanism.

@03Panther, the fairing provides great weather protection but it actually can make the bike uncomfortable to ride in the summer. I usually wear a mesh jacket in summer, and even with that the lack of airflow doesn't help. OTOH you stay pretty dry in a downpour.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/4/21 9:47 p.m.
Mr. Lee said:

Yeah, I'm grumbling about a dog needing surgery right now... Thats prob one of the nicest examples I've seen recently. Perfect location for a BRP fly and ride if you're heading south.

Good point - it's about 60 miles from here to the northern entrance of Shenandoah NP, there you can pick up Skyline drive, follow that through the park until you come out the other end and it turns into the BRP.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
5/4/21 9:54 p.m.

Is it a SuperTramp tape stuck in the tape player?

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/4/21 10:03 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

The PO mumbled something about a high likelihood of Bob Seger or similar classic rock.

Unfortunately it looks like the way to get the tape out is to disassemble the radio, which means removing multiple layers of radio to get to the tape deck due to its layered construction. As I don't use the radio (I wear ear plugs when riding) I never bothered with it.

Tactical Penguin
Tactical Penguin SuperDork
5/5/21 11:03 a.m.

You always have the coolest stuff for sale, and I keep forgetting that there's a few GRM'ers that are local.

Bump for a clean bike, and I'll rack my brain and see if there's something I can offer on trade.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/6/21 12:15 a.m.

I always figured the 'Wing already had so much stuff hung on it by the early 90's, they should have gone ahead and added AC cheeky

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
5/21/21 8:04 p.m.

With the temperatures right now A/C on a bike would be nice .

Bump, someone get this out of my garage, please.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim MegaDork
6/13/21 10:00 a.m.

And...

Sold.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rdfsJbXs3kQ1E72mlPUNFgNSSuM0Sh8A7D5SwoAPKteFjmhfiwO6YYiprGqR9xTK