1 2
RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
11/28/21 10:46 p.m.

Green, REALLY Green MGB-GT

Looks to be a driver, and little worry of not being seen.
Great car for anyone with an old Kawasaki dirt bike. devil

My eyes! Green.

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
11/29/21 12:10 a.m.

That looks like it's in great condition, but man that's an unusual choice in color. 

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
11/29/21 9:21 a.m.

"dropped price because of paint color". Yup, that's Cant Findahome Green.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
11/29/21 9:23 a.m.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
11/29/21 1:05 p.m.

It's going to need another discount

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
11/29/21 1:21 p.m.

The current display at the museum is one of every year Porsche RS made, below is one of 600 imported to the US.  They only made them in white or black.  Steven Harris wanted one in this awful green and then guarantee none will ever be paint any other color except W&B.

Done.

It's starting to grow on me .......

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
11/29/21 2:46 p.m.

I think I'm more turned off by the narrow whitewall tires on wire wheels than the color.  Polished slot mags with white letter Radial T/A's or similar for a more 70's Street Freak feeling and that green would be much less of a mismatch with the rest of the car.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/1/21 1:46 a.m.

Don reduced the price to $4,500 for 1969 MGB GT

If I had the cash this would already be MINE!
Simple graphics, or racing stripes, would mute the color very well.
If I knew I could flip the Morris Minor quickly enough I would commit to purchase this BGT.
Morris is fun and great on gas, but the BGT would be a bit more practical.

Carsandbikes
Carsandbikes Reader
12/5/21 5:21 p.m.

Simply dumping the whitewalls would help the appearance of this car.  I actually don't mind the color, though if I bought this and owned it long enough I would change it back to white at some point.

I can't believe this is still for sale, it isn't pristine, but the price seems more than decent.  I am really tempted, as a " toy " for my brother (when I got tired of it...assuming I did).

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/5/21 8:35 p.m.

Somebody, please beat me to this already!
I'm finding myself shopping classic car lending. 
Could almost do it on the CC but the interest rate would be murderous.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/5/21 10:28 p.m.

I bet if you went and looked at it you would find why it's not such a great deal. 

To me the inner fenders look to be a different shade than the firewall. Crashed once maybe?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/5/21 10:32 p.m.

That said, maybe as simple as no one wants black leather without ac in socal anymore.

Edit, not south! I thought I recognized the map but I did not. This is near Sacramento.

Teh E36 M3
Teh E36 M3 UltraDork
12/5/21 10:49 p.m.

Ugh. I live 25 miles from this guy. I actually like the color. Wheels need to be better and better tires, and then, F it. 

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/5/21 10:56 p.m.

Waiting to hear back from the seller.
Want to ask questions.
Looked carefully at pics, MGB's always get a dirty engine compartment, and this is white.
I see no sign of prior damage.
To make the trip I want to go with cash and my trailer.
If it is as claimed I expect no real trouble selling the Morris Minor even if I have to wait for spring.

TurnerX19
TurnerX19 UltraDork
12/6/21 12:21 a.m.

I just noticed that it has later model carburettors with the bottom float chambers. May be swapped to 1973 lower compression engine.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/6/21 4:20 a.m.

Seller sent me a short video of the car driving.
Odometer shows about 6500 miles, so at least 106500.
I asked about the engine, do not understand why they cannot just CALL me since I provided my number.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
12/6/21 7:06 a.m.

The heater core has been blocked off.  Not unusual during summer, I did it on my 'BGT and MGAs, however it looks like this one may have been leaking.  Also, the rear vacuum port on the inlet manifold is wide open.  Finally, I assume the smog manifold was blocked off with set screws, otherwise the head ports are also wide open.  Seems priced right to me.  I sold my '74 in the year 2 BC (before COVID) for a thousand less and it had terrible paint.  I could easily rationalize the purchase of this green machine and given the current economic times, I'm pretty sure my wife would believe me.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/6/21 11:35 a.m.

How are you able to see those details?
When I go back to the listing I get a set of "Thumb-nail" images.
Funky color or not decent paint can cost as much as the asking price.

Apis Mellifera
Apis Mellifera Dork
12/6/21 12:59 p.m.

I just paged through the images and the details are pretty clear.  Thumbnails are along the bottom.  I'm on a desktop at the moment.  Maybe that matters.  The seats have been recovered in a non-factory style, but with that paint, most people won't notice the seats.. or perhaps even have the ability to see period after prolonged exposure.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/6/21 5:19 p.m.

Seller says original engine.
He has my number, if he really wants to sell he will call me.
I think I would like to have the car, but it would be a $train to get it, so if he does not call that may just make the choice for me.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/6/21 6:05 p.m.

I don't mind that colour (it's a British car, people, respect its heritage by using all the letters it deserves) so much, honestly. And unless that's a fresh paint job hiding a bunch of sin,  that's a decent price. Those look like legit black plates so it's possible this is a rust-free CA car.

I'll bet the heater was disconnected because the heater valve was leaking and it's CA :)

About those plates - unless it has a current registration (those stickers look pretty old) or it was stored under a non-op, there could be some surprise fees involved at registration time even if you're trying to move it out of state. I was able to avoid them on my GT that was in a similar situation by obtaining a signed affidavit that the car had been stored on private land and had been transported out of CA on a truck with all four wheels off the ground, then sending $18 to Sacramento to get the title. This method was recommended to me by someone at the CA DMV. The fact that its tires had not touched hallowed CA public asphalt was the key.

If you're looking to re-register it in CA, bend over.

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
12/6/21 6:43 p.m.

The color is the best part.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
12/6/21 8:06 p.m.

Subject to wanting a better look under the car, that looks like a nice car. If the color works for you, then bonus, cause it is keeping the price of an otherwise more expensive car down to a good deal.

RichardSIA
RichardSIA Dork
12/6/21 8:45 p.m.

As long as it has a clean title CA can only weep.
Once in relatively free Nevada CA no longer has any say over it and cannot collect any fee's.
I suppose they may threaten, but that just makes them look even more foolish.
Mostly wish the seller would call, kind of hope he does not. indecision
Thinking Gold or Silver racing stripes would go a long way to fixing the color.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
12/6/21 8:58 p.m.

Trying to avoid someone else getting the same surprises I did...

My seller provided me with duplicate title paperwork, but I needed to get an actual title from CA. And they wouldn't release it without paying $550 in fees. Car was advertised as "clean title", it was just a little encumbered. Just suggesting you ask specific questions like "can you show me the title in your name?" and "was it declared non-op before storage?". 

Relative freedom level of NV vs CO was not really a factor.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c95qReXhvxOITWiOSRb6lPRXunwjeb4RJ2MmmRSkJ5SDO3qT6oho3ve2RAk6SzOm