t25torx
t25torx Dork
11/15/22 2:25 p.m.

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

I will no longer have room for this project coupled with lost interest a long time back means it's got to go.

2005 Corvette Z51 Manual.

The Bad: No oil pressure at back of block. I have tried my best to figure it out. Started after the new radiator got installed, I will loop the cooler lines tonight and check out that. Put in a new oil pump, I can see oil pumping to the filter housing, and all the lines are clean and checked with compressed air. It's just nothing coming up tot he top. Don't know if the pump isn't working right and not making enough pressure. It's won, I've lost. Will need a complete paintjob, or if you don't care, turn it into a vettekart. Some fiberglass repair to the passenger rear side also. 

The Good: Everything else lol.  It's a Z51 car. Everything is there to put the car back together. Wheels are polished and have brand new Kumho's on them. New exhaust. New radiator and lower support bar, T56 Transmission replaced with one that has working second and third, You can take the core if you want to get it rebuilt. All body parts and glass intact. It really looks way worse than it is.  Clean title. I don't think it has any reported accidents on carfax, 89k miles.  IDK how does $8000 sound?

How it looked before the bodywork was removed. 

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
11/15/22 3:09 p.m.

Sent to my father, we've been looking for a car to dedicate to autocross instead of taking the boss and his NC miata. 

Location?

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
11/15/22 3:13 p.m.

Thank you. 

Thank you for living in Tennessee and not near the Quasi-Quadrilateral of Questionable Quests.

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
11/15/22 3:19 p.m.

Oh Lord, I want this. How fast does it need to be picked up? Can it roll if we put the tires on it?

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/15/22 3:30 p.m.

I'm not a  corvette guy and yet this tempts me. Hmmm. 

t25torx
t25torx Dork
11/15/22 8:22 p.m.

It's located in Nashville TN. 

It can roll if I throw the wheels back on it. Just would need to put the rack back in it. Had it out to get at the oil pump easier. 

Realistically I'd like it gone before Dec 15th.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/15/22 11:04 p.m.

For what its worth ,  sorry to hear about the divorce.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
11/15/22 11:14 p.m.

For some reason I like Corvettes that need body work - when people see your Corvette you can downplay the car.  A Corvette? That old thing?

Also I believe an "auto body man's dream" would be a car requiring no body work. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman SuperDork
11/16/22 8:05 a.m.

If only I had time to drive to Nashville. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
11/16/22 9:59 a.m.

In reply to t25torx :

If it's really a divorce...condolences. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/16/22 10:21 a.m.

What's the deal with the rear corner? Was fiberglass repair already done or it still needs to be done? Also, the z51 I think has a slightly different trans (ratios lower) than regular. Was the trans replaced with a z51 unit?

t25torx
t25torx Dork
11/16/22 4:25 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Thank you. It sucks for everyone involved. 

The transmission did come from another Z51,managed to find one on Craigslist of all places a few years ago. And the fiberglass repair still needs to happen, nothing has been done there. 

t25torx
t25torx Dork
11/29/22 4:25 p.m.

Just bumping it up to the top. Price is OBO obviously. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
11/29/22 4:58 p.m.

Sorry about the circumstances of the sale.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
11/29/22 5:24 p.m.

How long has it been ran with the oil pressure issue?  Was this a thing caused during the current round of repairs or was it part of what resulted in the need for the current round of repairs?  

I really expected one of you to buy this so I would stop trying to figure out how to justify buying it.  Now you all have me asking questions and looking up what bodies would fit...  

How dissasembled is it currently?  

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo UltraDork
12/4/22 11:03 a.m.

Considering ones that don't look like a Methy McMethpants project are under $20k, pricing seems pretty high on a dissassembled vehicle with engine and chassis issues.  

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/33f4a736-f2e0-40d7-9804-38b6777d8fca/

t25torx
t25torx Dork
12/9/22 4:15 p.m.

Welp I got her sold for 6K on Facebook. One less project. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/9/22 7:39 p.m.

Damn I should have been faster, just made up my mind this evening to reach out 

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
12/14/22 2:34 p.m.
Patrick said:

Damn I should have been faster, just made up my mind this evening to reach out 

I didnt want to be a dick and offer less than he was asking!. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0eKz9rFpZEas3dS7cMXjD3cmHdZXibx49dxcJTSkl9agDBeq8sIQkdI7Q4x1QfdA