1 2
glueguy
glueguy Dork
12/23/18 2:32 p.m.

This one has a 2.2 liter. Automatic and AC required the “large” engine. 

Stefan
Stefan MegaDork
12/23/18 2:36 p.m.

Turbo intake and MegaSquirt would solve a lot of drivability issues and improve mileage a little.

You can even get a stainless fuel rail and injectors from an E85 equipped car and run E85 with a bunch of extra compression.

Automatic is a Torqueflite 3-speed, which is sturdy and there are improvements available to make it a bit more fun/reliable.

Heck, drop a Neon DOHC drivetrain in it and get 150hp with no turbo lag.

chuckminster
chuckminster
9/19/20 2:47 p.m.

In reply to glueguy :

Just came across this! I know it's a couple years later, any chance it's still available? Thanks! 

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/19/20 10:16 p.m.

I only owned my Rampage for about 20K miles. But as a brand new car, it ran fine. There were faster made in 84, but as an alternative to driving a E36 M3 box, while still knowing it was a E36 M3 box under the unique exterior... it did its job flawlessly. I bought it at the time so I DIDN'T have to tinker with it!!!

I'm sure there are people that would like the "collectability" of leaving it original, but its an all original E36 M3 box ... really who cares?

I would drive it for the novelty, and leave it alone. but not for collectability!

If it has a stick, the mileage is decent, and that's a good price.

Believe it or not, I'd love to find a nice, but affordable, Chevette. Just cause RWD.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/19/20 10:17 p.m.

In reply to chuckminster :

ah you fooled me! didn't see the date!

james Kepford
james Kepford New Reader
9/22/20 3:46 p.m.

I still have this 84 out back, been thinking about making it run again.

Stefan (Forum Supporter)
Stefan (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/22/20 3:57 p.m.

In reply to james Kepford :

Wow.  always liked that color.  Most of the ones I saw were either Black or Red with an occasional Silver one.

Get it up and running!  If you need parts, let me know as I may have more than a few.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BDefiLUWX3E9E4xEvAUZaMBO5OWFKD89USo9nQA4gRmoHIcsjYOtfHV7eD4kGRGJ