classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
10/12/21 8:53 a.m.

I have to preface this thread by saying I Have no clue how this car will drive, or what the condition will be at the end of the challenge. BUT, I am going to be selling it post Challenge. 

See build thread here: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/2021-challenge-blind-bugeye-riggamort/177406/page1/

Basics: No title, but sold to me as a 1962 Austin Healey Bugeye Sprite

Chevy 350 engine / 350 trans.. Casting points to a 1968-72 passenger car (255hp)

1950's Chevy rear end, 5 x 4.75, Open diff in the 3.11 range

Front end is on 13" All Seasons, rear is on DOT 14" M&H Street/Strip tires. 

Front drums will be pretty refreshed, rear wheel cylinders appear to be brand new. 

Fancy shifter, no idea whether or not the transmission has had work done to it

It will have 5 point harness

All new Fuel lines (have a spare mechanical fuel pump on the shelf as well

I have an entire disc brake setup (disassembled) and upsized 7/16" wheel studs that I would love to sell with the car. The uprights aren't assembled, but they should really be replaced with the Welded/reinforced uprights anyway as detailed by Classic Motorsports.

The car was at a weird combo of "restored". Some parts have been done well - there are access panels in each footwell to get spark plugs out wihtout removing the engine.. But the floor pans that are in (and very solid/nicely done) were put in without removing the old floor pan. There are some areas that could use replacing (rear floor), and some that could use more reinforcement (front end).

I'm not sure how to price this, and I'm not sure how it'll be at the end of the Challenge, but I wanted to throw this out there now.. If there's much interest I can be sure I get all of the "spares"/stuff in a tote to go with the car to the Challenge

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/12/21 12:41 p.m.

Color me interested, not much car $ on hand but interested.  I have lots of trade bait too.  Feel free to email me through the forum or get my # from the angrier Patrick and shoot me a text

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/22/22 8:11 p.m.

Going to tentatively bump this back up.

I'm not gonna be able to bring it down in 2022, not sure I want to futz with it for 2 more years.

At the challenge we learned:

Trans needs to stay shimmed up to fix drive line angles

Body is resting on bump stops causing funky issues

Won't have a harness

Engine likely has a blown HG or (apparently common for SBC), a cracked head. Without a thermostat it would overheat in like 45 seconds.

I'm kinda on the prowl for a Z car, and having this gone helps get/keep me in a better position to be ready if one comes up, but I'm not dying.

128racecar
128racecar Reader
1/23/22 1:10 p.m.

Price and location always help. Plus whatever recent pictures you have. 

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) SuperDork
1/23/22 1:21 p.m.

Detroit Area, though the car is currently up by Flint.

I'm not sure what to put for price, because I think it would be cool for this to go back to challenge, and would price it very friendly for that - but I would probably list it for $2500 outside of the challenge crew. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
L4RwkaEzcyeGFsxqBQKySTJFtMUZTN5Y5OqjfePfF6IXvu4M67FCziTX4YOoNN5U