1 2
rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
2/21/24 2:57 p.m.

5 hours to go. There's a buncha E36 M3 in that auction I would love to buy.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
2/21/24 3:38 p.m.
Cotton said:

Please don't bid against me! Okay I haven't actually bid yet,  but I just need to get registered first lol.

https://bids.auctionbypearce.com/auctions/29594/lot/3659664-1967-kershaw-homemade-dune-buggy

Did you get it?

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
2/21/24 3:50 p.m.

There's a couple REALLY good bargains there, but I'm not sure I am up to an 11 hour trip to Montgomery just to break my back loading up the van.

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/21/24 4:28 p.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

No,  but there are still 4 hours to go.  I really don't have time to even go get it right now though,  during any of there pickup dates,  so may end up passing on it.  Sure does look like a blast though.

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
2/21/24 9:21 p.m.

V8 Audi Sold for $2150

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/21/24 9:40 p.m.

Being the owner of several project 6.9s, and  one really nice euro 6.9, I'm really surprised the one in the auction brought 9200 (plus fees).  That car needed a lot of work.

AMiataCalledSteve
AMiataCalledSteve HalfDork
2/21/24 9:50 p.m.

In reply to Cotton :

Looks like the auction red mist claimed another victim

Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself
Russian Warship, Go Berkeley Yourself PowerDork
2/21/24 11:06 p.m.

Someone really made out like a bandit here.

Now, while these asking prices are highly inflated, and both pieces needed a little work, there was still several grand that went for under $30 after fees.    But I ain't no kid anymore, and at 59, my body just can't hump heavy furniture like it used to.

rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
2/21/24 11:15 p.m.

I'm pretty sure this Rolex was worth more than 8 grand. The prices on vintage Rolexes has gone through the roof.

https://bids.auctionbypearce.com/auctions/29594/lot/3669387-rolex-watch-gold-president

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UberDork
2/22/24 6:02 a.m.

Three year old boat that was originally sold for $100k sold overnight at $55k. The don't know boats at all but I watched that one out of curiosity. Bidding ran up from $28k between 10pm and 1am. 

rdcyclist
rdcyclist HalfDork
2/22/24 11:59 a.m.

The Cobalt was a steal at 2.6 Steves. Other than a bad engine, it was solid. And the engine is based on an LS so how hard could that be to fix? Riiight...

128racecar
128racecar Reader
2/22/24 3:37 p.m.
Cotton said:

Being the owner of several project 6.9s, and  one really nice euro 6.9, I'm really surprised the one in the auction brought 9200 (plus fees).  That car needed a lot of work.

Having worked on a few of these, I think it's possibly a fair price only if you did all of your own labor. Even then, a sense of masochism would be necessary. Don't get me wrong- I love these as a finished product. It's just getting from where this one is now to that point is neither cheap nor easy. 

Cotton
Cotton PowerDork
2/22/24 5:37 p.m.

In reply to 128racecar :

Yeah, I love them.  I do all my own work on them too,  but the values just have never seemed to be inline with how special they are.  
I have a project 6.9 I'm finishing up.  In about a week it should run, drive,  and the suspension should pump up.  It has poor paint, a decent interior,  and minimal rust.  I'll be happy if it sells for half what this one did.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6nniKjV0DEREDs6OnNDZsK4xHh4HzAKrqT6JdMYfbsBf7XPRgVVBTKx543Zhub53