1 2 3
TheWraith
TheWraith New Reader
3/15/22 11:09 p.m.

Only a one day drive from Dallas, someone snap this up before I make a bad decision......

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/16/22 9:55 a.m.

It looks like Igor will be heading south!  I'll post again if things change.

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/16/22 10:09 a.m.

We all know the definition of insanity...

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
3/16/22 10:18 a.m.

In reply to SV reX :

Break the cycle: finish it this time.

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
3/16/22 12:39 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

This one is a much better starting point than that heap you dumped in my driveway. You got this! Too bad mine will be faster. 

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/16/22 1:19 p.m.

In reply to maschinenbau :

Thems fighting words!

SV reX
SV reX MegaDork
3/16/22 4:38 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

He might be faster. 

But he might not be quicker.  Or more nimble.   Or he might not win! cheeky

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/26/22 10:11 a.m.

Life happens, plans change (heal up Paul!) and with that Igor is up for grabs again. Who's ready for a challenge?

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/26/22 10:43 a.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

Do you have a good windshield for it?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/26/22 10:53 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

The windshield is miraculously crack free.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
3/26/22 11:06 a.m.

I'm sorely tempted to fire sale the Miata and park this next to the Panhard..  

This has Title?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/26/22 12:33 p.m.

No title sad.

22track
22track New Reader
3/27/22 12:37 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

With the intact windshield and other parts, this is actually a better deal than the "free" Europa.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 1:44 p.m.

In reply to SV reX :

I REALLY hope you get it, as I cannot invest a grand and a trip to CT. Being so far south of ya, I doubt I can help ya go get it, but will enable in any way I canangel

I also hope you get to finish it, and will help there as I can as well. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 1:46 p.m.

I posted encouragement to Paul before I read he's out. Hope Paul is ok; if someone wants to direct me to info. I'd appreciate it. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 1:50 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

I do not have the modern wiring ability to finish it with the 1.8. If you have any interest in a sale price without that, I do have some thoughts. Wouldn't be very fast, but WOULD make it to the challenge!!!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 1:55 p.m.

Maybe between the two of us, we can make this into a challenge car? We're a bit far apart, but do-able!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/27/22 4:28 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

I like the idea, but it would definitely have to stay at your place. I'm not sure how much time I can currently commit to working on it right now either, especially until everything on the RV is completed. 

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 5:21 p.m.

You can be the silent partner! devil I know, where's the fun in that! I do have the room for it and if you came one weekend ( we have RV spot on site... water and 50A plug + more ) you can put you foot in my azz, and we can clean up room for it!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 5:25 p.m.

Since the Big Boy RV is still around, y'all and the menagerie, too. If you have a way to travel with all of 'em non- RV. laugh

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/27/22 8:42 p.m.

I'm already taking a bit of a bath on the project, so I don't really want to separate nor have to deal with the absurdity of FB marketplace for the drivetrain.

I'm also cooling off on the idea of towing down to Charlotte. My friends are downtown and there's no good way to stow the trailer, let alone having to fix it first.  Sorry guys.  But, please make the trip up to CT (or some place nearish and we can work out meet up)!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/27/22 11:01 p.m.
Brotus7 said:

I'm already taking a bit of a bath on the project, so I don't really want to separate nor have to deal with the absurdity of FB marketplace for the drivetrain.

I had assumed not, and would not myself, were it me! But hoped you might have another oddball project in mind for it! No worries. 
Can't help ya on the fixing it part, but we can store the trailer just S of RDU while y'all visit in the matropilis of charlotte, any time. No strings attached - friend there would be glad to help. And help fix it for the return trip, if it need that!

I might be making a trip to his place to finish bringing some of my junk home in may. At $500 for the round trip with truck and big trailer, I may have to take the car and little trailer! No way can I afford fuel to CT, and all else that  trip would entail!

APEowner
APEowner SuperDork
3/27/22 11:40 p.m.

I really shouldn't be thinking about this but I am.  How quickly would you need it removed if, hypothetically, someone from New Mexico bought it and couldn't make it out east for several months?

Brotus7
Brotus7 Dork
3/28/22 2:24 p.m.

In reply to APEowner :

Ideally I'd like the space in my garage back by the end of June.

I guess this all the more reason for why I need to convince the wife that we gotta move south!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/28/22 4:39 p.m.

In reply to Brotus7 :

L. A. (lower alabam' ) might be farther than y'all are thinking, but come on down. As bad as cost of living is getting, here is not quite as bad as some places!

I don't actually have but 2 acres, and my shop is is mess, but working out short term (or longer!) is open - and glad to help. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8IyQbYKoSzQVePq86dFhw7708sT5ob9sUt2U084oKpECFgTz805kQDOSFbmMm9AU