B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/17/20 11:52 a.m.

It’s time to sell my baby.

1998 Mitsubishi Montero 2.5 SR with the factory. This is your chance to own an extremly rare and very capable offroad vehicle that has all the comforts of a modern-day lexus. 

This is one of best and most sought after JDM 4x4's of the era. Just ask the folks over at Jalopnik: https://jalopnik.com/heres-why-a-mitsubishi-montero-is-the-best-buy-in-class-1831046049

This Overland Rig will take you anywhere you want to go with it’s Full “Rock Crawler package kit” from Adventure Driven Designs ($1500) Bilstein 5100's, HD Torsion and panhard Bar ($375) etc.

Relatively new BFG mid tires and Factory rear air locker that came with the winter package. Over $3K in aftermarket accessories. Working AC etc etc. brand new brakes front Axels and Loads of extra parts. It has two small dents on the passenger side fenders and some rocker damage all from Overlanding.

I have everything you need to build a custom full-length Safari roof rack too. The engine is hurt. I believe it to be a head gasket but there is nothing in the oil and it tested negative on a chemical test for the head gasket. My plan was to do the 3.8 swap out of the Mitsubishi endeavor its a very popular swap and it basically a bolt in setup. I can explain if you would like. I have moved to a different vehicle altogether and I'm moving so I have to sell this.  Starts up and drives but overheats after about 20min... come get it! $3K OBO   no trades 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/17/20 11:55 a.m.

Here are more pictures! 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/17/20 11:56 a.m.

Ill take pictures today of the few dents And the interior! 

John Welsh (Moderate Supporter)
John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) Mod Squad
10/17/20 1:53 p.m.

In reply to B13Birk :

Such an awesome Montero. If I didn't have my Gen3, I'd be all over this. 

In other news, your dad's ole car had gotten too rusty to stay on the road.

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
10/17/20 7:32 p.m.

I'm a Jeep guy through and through, but dang man!  I live this thing!

LarsBrunkhorst
LarsBrunkhorst New Reader
10/19/20 9:56 a.m.

How many miles? Any rust?

I would be interested depending on where in FL you are...

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/19/20 10:08 a.m.

In reply to LarsBrunkhorst :

255k on the miles. I'm in Gainesville FL. Right in the middle of the state. I do have a guy coming to look at it on Tuesday. So we will see. 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/25/20 6:22 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh (Moderate Supporter) :

Great to hear from you man! Gen3's are so cool. I know a ton of guys that have them. They are super capable. You should check out our Facebook group for oddball overland rigs on Facebook (If you are on it) called Nota Toyota Overland Group. Tons of gen 3 guys and a bunch of other super cool stuff. 

Sad to see the Q45 get crushed. But you know, I had a feeling that it would have to happen after you sent me those pictures a while back. I read the thread. Its sad to hear how hobbled together it got after years of changing hands. That was an epic car. My dad has a printed picture somewhere of it pulling the front tire at the track somewhere from back in the day with the level 10 tranny, slicks and skinnies somewhere. Ill have to see if he knows where that is. My plan is to get a Q one day and throw an LS Iron block LS in it. Try to recreate the beast a little bit. 

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
10/25/20 6:23 a.m.

Also - Update. 

Montero has been sold to a montero enthusiast here in FL.  Super excited for him to get it and do a resto mod on it. He has big plans and Ol' girl is in good hands

gunner (Forum Supporter)
gunner (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/25/20 6:43 p.m.

Super glad to hear it went to a Montero enthusiast. It will get the new life it deserves. I just saw this post and was going to offer some possibility as to the engine issue but too much scotch has rendered my brain both ready to help and unable to drop knowledge. Also thank God for auto correct or whatever we call the program that underlines misspelt words in red.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
YtxvsvhHCyXGilFf60RZ5tP86WdzXZe4dzDs1M3mA8D4JfUirD5wdOKcXWDUXoG2