subrew
subrew Reader
9/4/14 10:29 p.m.

For Sale: 1964 Autodynamics Formula Vee

Car and parts have been sold, selling trailer locally.

subrew
subrew Reader
9/4/14 10:30 p.m.

Sorry for the formatting issues, the GRM board is terrible at dealing with itemized lists.

SVreX
SVreX MegaDork
9/4/14 10:33 p.m.

Yeah, you gotta hit the return twice after each line of a list.

Nice car!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
9/4/14 10:35 p.m.

Damn. I've always liked that car, but it looks like Chico is a 43 hour drive from here.

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill Dork
9/4/14 11:53 p.m.

Cool beyond belief! glad it's beyond my reach

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
9/4/14 11:58 p.m.

Hmm. I like this and I'm only 2-3h away. How easy is it to get in and out of (I've got bad knees, which caused issues with the last FV I tried)?

subrew
subrew Reader
9/5/14 9:41 a.m.

I find it fairly easy as FVs go. Because the roll hoop support bars go forward, you can use those to help lower yourself into the car. Removable wheel gives you better clearance for initially stepping into the car. The cockpit is also larger on these chassis.

I really struggled to get into a Lazer chassis, and once in, did not have enough room to turn the wheel. I'm fairly broad in the shoulders, and can move around a bit without hitting.

Chris H.

subrew
subrew Reader
9/5/14 9:47 a.m.

Found a pic of the trailer in the background:

And a pic showing me in the car, getting the belts on. The other FVs I've sat in, the driver had a difficult time tightening down his/her own belts, that was usually the crews job. Quite a bit of working room in here:

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
9/5/14 10:11 a.m.

That looks much more spacious than the Lynx chassis I tried earlier this year. Being able to tighten the belts on your own would be a good thing given that I don't really have a crew...

You should have got an email from me.

markwemple
markwemple Reader
9/8/14 8:57 a.m.

I would love to buy this. I'd only have to do a complicated sell my 911 tack project and spec7 deal and or swap. But boy, would I love this!

fiesta54
fiesta54 New Reader
9/12/14 11:20 a.m.

aghhhhhh I was looking for one of these for a long time and finally gave up and bought another street car. Maybe I need to sell my fiat

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin Dork
9/12/14 6:21 p.m.

Hey, you made BAT! Should sell like hotcakes now.

subrew
subrew Reader
9/13/14 2:09 p.m.

I saw that! BoxheadTim is coming over in about an hour to see if he fits in it. Hopefully it works out for both of us. BAT very much spurred more interest, as I now have a waiting list awaiting today's results.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
9/14/14 8:55 p.m.

I looked at it yesterday and loved it, but it just looks like my busted carcass isn't up to Formula cars right now so I'll have to pass on it.

It's a great car and a great seller, wish it would've worked out for me.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rWpkATLdW2uiQOVoFRYK8vdpXScuGXNUJhNktenLzTnvG4IxjQ0mE8rrnq0W2iYP