chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/20/22 6:52 a.m.

I've stored these with my brother but he sold his warehouse and I do not have space for them. 

Up for trade are two Lotus Elite, neither car is complete although the two together put it very close to complete. Build one, sell the spare parts, profit. Maybe not. The first is a Yellow 1976 with a good title. It had a new frame At some point. See the pictures, what you see is what you get (besides a few tubs of parts which aren’t pictured). The second is a 197x that was a much loved daily of the original owner until it experienced an engine fire in 1988 and was pushed in the garage and forgot about til a 2021 estate sale; this car has no title. I bought this one hoping that the two together would make one car. Not quite. Again, see the pics for what you are getting.

What I’d like is to trade BOTH cars to some enterprising soul for something running and driving that I could build for the challenge and autocross/fun car duty. They aren’t “for sale”, only for trade. 

I don't want to do this but I have a back log of projects so these are going to be in storage a long time. I'm not putting a value on them, everyone knows that the yellow car was one of the "free" GRM Lotus but I overpaid for the the black car thinking it would get me close to the goal lol. I can help deliver in most of the east and mid-Midwest. 

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/20/22 12:40 p.m.

Any chance you'd consider trading for a running/driving 88 saab 900 turbo sedan?

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/20/22 1:16 p.m.

We can discuss, want to email me at vdblyou  (spelled just like that) at the yahoo

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/20/22 2:03 p.m.

You can text/call me at four one zero 330 fourteen 37

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/20/22 2:21 p.m.

Email sent 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/21/22 8:10 p.m.

A couple things have come up and been asked; the yellow car is a rolling shell. It has some parts and all the glass but the windshield and hatch are present (the black car has a good hatch). No Engine, no trans no interior. The black care was in a fire, it has most of the stuff that is missing from the yellow car (except a windshield) but it was in a fire so no guarantees that that stuff is useable. Also, the black car is a Top Of The Line car; which is cool but what makes it top of the line in bizarro world is the automatic transmission and crazy overstuffed interior (and AC and some other little stuff) so there's probably going to need to be a third car to finish these. You see where this is going?

Docwemple has first dibs and I've lined other interest behind him but I want to make sure everyone knows this a real fill on restoration project or a gut and build completely non-stock.

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/21/22 9:06 p.m.

I've have had an interest in the free car's chassis since it was , well free.  I never did make it out to Stampie's to get it. If it (or another chassis) comes up in the close to free category, I am still interested. 
If I had of managed to get the whole car form Stampie, I would have tried to do something with the whole thing, well, since Lotus. But a chassis fits my plan better. 

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/21/22 11:44 p.m.

FWIW, I'm nuts enough to probably restore. I'm a masochist at heart

03Panther
03Panther PowerDork
11/21/22 11:46 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Well,   ...   Lotus... angel

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/22/22 9:41 a.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

And being 6'4", it may be the only hard top lotus I fit in

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
11/22/22 10:29 a.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

It is kind of cool to be able to say "Yeah I have a Lotus."  It's not as pretentious as owning a Porsche or Ferrari. 

Docwemple
Docwemple New Reader
11/22/22 4:33 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Especially an old one. Strange thing about the Elite is that it was the 1st true production car for Lotus and the most expensive 4 cylinder production car at the time

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
1/14/23 8:24 p.m.

Chandler.  Lost your contact info. Have Saab pics

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
koKd5HhoVCgUtk3H6G7jWtBipy7xWmtjIf0EEvVSQibvBlMGDiVlz2aovhvCRpPG