1 2
jpaturzo
jpaturzo Reader
6/29/20 6:44 p.m.

Located in CT, and there is no way in hell I can ship any of this.

I have been holding onto this stuff for years, and I am never going to do anything with it.  I'd rather see it go to someone else than burning though a case of sawzall blades trying to get them to fit in the trash.  

Both of these cars were designed without making the engine a structural member.  Why is that important? If you want to increase the wheelbase, say to throw a Datsun chassis over, all you need to do is cut right behind the main hoop and add steel.  The back of the car was basically an afterthought.  The red car got used as a test mule for years running a non restricted, carb'd, 600cc Honda motor.  The yellow car got the same treatment, and there is video evidence of it.  Horrible, embarrassing video evidence. It was my first time driving this car though.

Everything needs to go as a group, I don't want to mess around with breaking things up.

Free.  I don't want any money.  If you would like to trade me something as an offering in place of a ritual sacrifice, I'll accept any tools, two wheel powered anythings, or Ford Pinto parts.

For free dollars you get:

• 2001 chassis, red.  71-ish inch wheelbase.  I have no suspension parts for this one.  Painted with some crazy carcinogenic DuPont paint that has held up outside my house for 10 years.
  • 2004 chassis, primer and rust. 68.5 inch wheelbase.  I have a bunch of suspension parts for this one, though its missing a few key elements.  I have a-arms and push rods, but no hubs, bellcranks, or axles.
  • One big blue tupperware full of suspension bits and bobs. There is a random set of motorcycle shocks in it that have nothing to do with anything, but they're yours now.
  • Four Keizer aluminum wheels, with 20 year old Goodyear rain slicks.  Tires are rock hard and don't hold air. Wheels are 13"x? 7? 8? 4X100. They are in the loft of my shed, I'll measure them when I fish them out.
  • One 600cc Honda F1 motor, that was given to me for free by forum member Woody.  
  • One set of random carbs that might fit it an F1.  I have something like 12 sets of 4 cylinder Honda carbs, so hopefully one fits.  If it doesn't fit, you're taking it anyway.
  • I might have a stripped down wiring harness for it.  No promises, I have a ton of crap.
  • Anything else I can find that is for these chassis.
  • I have all the original design files in AutoCAD format.  

I'll come back and bump this thread as I dig more stuff out of the shed and basement.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/29/20 6:56 p.m.

Resist resist! 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/29/20 7:01 p.m.

Since you've held onto these for years would you hold onto them until I could get up to CT?

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/29/20 8:14 p.m.

Did you check with previous team members?  I know a couple of the guys from my team still horse trade old cars around.  They dont do anything with them, just move them from house to house every 3-5 years.

jpaturzo
jpaturzo Reader
6/29/20 8:25 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Do you know when you would come up?  I want to get them out by the end of summer so I can re-seed that part of my yard.

In reply to Mr_Asa:

Nobody was interested the last time I checked.  

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/29/20 8:31 p.m.

In reply to jpaturzo :

Let me check my calendar and see.  Would it all fit in a pickup bed with redneck engineering on straps?  Added bonus is I have a ladder rack and I"m not afraid to put car stuff on it.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/29/20 8:40 p.m.

It would not be the first FSAE chassis I had gotten, I don't think I can make a run to CT for this.....

dangit....

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa Dork
6/29/20 9:14 p.m.

Having hauled an FSAE car a time or two, you'll probably have room to spare with the bed and ladder rack.  Does depend on how much of it can be assembled.  It will be heavier lifting, but more compact packing.

Thinkkker
Thinkkker UltraDork
6/29/20 10:06 p.m.

With that setup, I would say yes.  I hauled a semi complete one from Florida in a bed of a truck.  With the rack, I wouldn't think twice about getting it all in.  Bring plenty of rope and. Tie down straps and you are golden.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/29/20 10:40 p.m.

In reply to jpaturzo :

Let me figure out a place to stay on the road but I'm thinking mid Julyish?  I'll see what I can do tomorrow.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/30/20 7:35 a.m.

sweet. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/30/20 7:40 a.m.

How did I know Stampie would be grabbing these when I clicked on this thread....

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/30/20 8:03 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

How did I know Stampie would be grabbing these when I clicked on this thread....

Because we're soulmates?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
6/30/20 8:09 a.m.

My son is in Norwalk, CT and can probably stash it at his house until you're ready.  PM me if interested.

Dan

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/30/20 9:04 a.m.
914Driver said:

My son is in Norwalk, CT and can probably stash it at his house until you're ready.  PM me if interested.

Dan

I appreciate the offer.  We have a vacation coming up with some extra fun time.  I was hoping to use that to do a quick road trip to grab it.  Unfortunately looking at the travel restrictions I think we're screwed being from FL.  Just don't know when we would get a chance to come up.  We're passing.

jpaturzo
jpaturzo Reader
6/30/20 9:35 a.m.

If no one else grabs them, they'll still be here. I fit both frames in a 8 foot bed F250 before, so that should be a good data point. 

I'll keep bumping this thread as I clean the shed and dig more crap out. 

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/30/20 9:37 a.m.

I was reading this with wild enthusiasm, thinking that I might be able to use something for the TR3 project, right up until the moment that I saw my own name in the description.

Reading further, I’m pretty sure that the photo of the engine may have been taken in my own shed...

jpaturzo
jpaturzo Reader
6/30/20 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

That's actually my shed, currently. But if you have a Kloter shed, they all look the same.

I have other engines, that I wasn't going to give away. If a Honda CB1, F2, F3, or 2001 Suzuki gsxr 600 in pieces might sway you....we can make a deal.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/30/20 10:04 a.m.
jpaturzo said:

In reply to Woody :

That's actually my shed, currently. But if you have a Kloter shed, they all look the same.

That makes sense. Those do look like my shop towels though.cheeky

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
6/30/20 10:33 a.m.

also those wheels are sick. I may be interested in them stampie if you don't already have plans. Could pay your gas money or something. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
6/30/20 11:11 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

You should go get it all and bring everything but the wheels to me at the Challenge.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
6/30/20 1:51 p.m.

Interestingly enough, stampie and I are a similar distance from CT (haha). If I were still traveling to NYC regularly for work I'd try to just rent a uhaul and drive home. But I don't have much confidence I'll be back to NYC before the end of the year. 

mdgalv
mdgalv New Reader
7/1/20 7:34 p.m.

Oh boy, Here we go!!! My wife will be shaking her head again and probably rolling her eyes too.

I'm located in Burlington CT and am interested. You can email me at miataride at gmail dot com (yes that's real :) )

Marc

jpaturzo
jpaturzo Reader
7/3/20 10:29 a.m.

In reply to mdgalv :

Email sent. 

bluej (Forum Supporter)
bluej (Forum Supporter) UberDork
7/3/20 7:10 p.m.

I'll be in NH first wknd of October for my brother's wedding. If no one else can extract by then, it'll be easy to hitch up a uhual to grab it all on the way back.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Io8AK96pykRDUYV4pkWt8mlvFlM7R2E5sFyf7xXJxYKVtg3jJD1deHOLqOrIhdZR