1 2
mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/4/21 12:22 p.m.

I need to make my wrecked Miata go away. It's located in Sterling VA and still rolls and steers. It doesn't do much else well as it has no braking system or engine or lots of other things. It still has a factory manual rack, noisy 5 speed, and open 1.6 diff.

If you want any more info just let me know. I have a title and all that.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/4/21 1:45 p.m.

Dang. I don't need anymore projects so why am I looking to see how far Sterling VA is from Chicago?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
1/4/21 1:57 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

You have a sickness.  Once you go Jag there is no cure.  You'll always be in search of a car that's less a project.

Is the hardtop o. It? If so, ill be there tonight!

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
1/4/21 2:37 p.m.
mmcvay said:

I need to make my wrecked Miata go away. It's located in Sterling VA and still rolls and steers. It doesn't do much else well as it has no braking system or engine or lots of other things. It still has a factory manual rack, noisy 5 speed, and open 1.6 diff.

If you want any more info just let me know. I have a title and all that.

Hey, a circle track miata?  Turns really well to the left!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/4/21 2:49 p.m.

I really need that rack for the Molvo!

Pete

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
1/4/21 2:54 p.m.

I wonder how much money it would take to con NoHome into combining this with a mk1 Ford Capri (that I also don't have)?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
1/4/21 4:04 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Hard match on the wheelbase, would need a tape measure on both cars to see where the cuts happen. You dont want to start with a bent chassis, trust me.

Ford Capri Mk I (1969–1974)
Ford Capri Mk I
Wheelbase 100.8 in (2,560 mm)
pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
1/4/21 5:19 p.m.

Yeah, you would need to add about 11" to the Miata wheelbase to match the Capri.

This would fix soooo many of the Capri's issues while creating some new ones I'm sure. 

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/4/21 7:03 p.m.

I forgot it still had the top in that picture. That is long gone unfortunately. I've still got what's listed in the partout thread if anyone wants some good parts to go with their free car. https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/parts-sale/1992-miata-part-out-and-more/166875/page1/

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/8/21 2:41 p.m.

I've still got this and it's still free. There is a stock 1.6 intake manifold in the trunk and I have the stock seats if that tempts anyone.

You're killing me with this. 

I'm 8 hours away, and it's just too far in Covid times. If it hasn't moved once things clear up, I'm game.

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/9/21 1:15 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) :

I doubt I can hold onto it that long unfortunately. I'm happy to help if you come up with some way to pick it up.

In reply to mmcvay :

No worries. If I have a plan, I'll contact you, otherwise, do what you have to do. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) Reader
1/10/21 12:45 p.m.

If anyone closer to CT is thinking about getting this for parts, I would throw a few bucks to them for a couple things I'm looking for...

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/12/21 3:42 p.m.

I've never had to try this hard to "sell" a car. It has crusty Koni yellows all around and Racing Beat springs in the front. The rear springs disintegrated due to rust and one of the rear c-clips failed.

stroker
stroker UberDork
1/12/21 3:53 p.m.

14 hours away.  Just too far and too expensive to acquire...  :(

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
1/12/21 4:30 p.m.
mmcvay said:

I've never had to try this hard to "sell" a car. It has crusty Koni yellows all around and Racing Beat springs in the front. The rear springs disintegrated due to rust and one of the rear c-clips failed.

I'm laughing because you know if you had put a $100 price tag on it then it would be gone by now.

AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter)
AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
1/13/21 8:11 a.m.

I should probably come get this... Miata suspension would be good for something. 

mmcvay
mmcvay New Reader
1/13/21 7:07 p.m.

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

Please do. It's living at a BMW performance shop if you need anything for your e46.

1/14/21 7:30 a.m.

In reply to mmcvay :

Can you shoot me a text? 2six7 nineoh8 six7two5

classicJackets (FS)
classicJackets (FS) Dork
1/15/21 8:20 a.m.

I do wish you were closer, I also am in need of some Miata front suspension..

1/19/21 8:59 a.m.

This came home with me Sunday night. Thanks mmcvay!

In reply to AWSX1686 (Forum Supporter) :

yes

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
1/20/21 7:51 a.m.

How many does that give you now Andrew?smiley

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
8vHiDLuu0B41obgh0M1ha42wCCBQbHdrD9WmotoBTjzgQzoGFRH5I3x704dPsMdD