1 2
dan0 (Forum Supporter)
dan0 (Forum Supporter) Reader
7/1/20 6:45 p.m.

Just throwing it up if there's any interest. Got a bunch of cars and always looking at more. But I'm out of space where I live right now. 

1997 Audi A4

2.8L V6

210k approx miles. 

Raceland coilovers

Thule roof rack with fairing

One more season left snow tires 

Pretty solid / Clean body with the exception of both front fenders are slightly crunched at the top of the wheel arch

Has a 1.8L trans swapped in, closer ratios (same final i believe)

Bad, flex pipe for exhaust came apart. bought replacement, welded very poorly and still leaking. Noisy and CEL on because of it. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/2/20 2:36 a.m.

Price?  And am I wrong for thinking Miatas are no good up there due to the condition of the roads?  My buddy says frost heaves suck and the pot holes are so big youd need a search party if a Miata got too close.

This one is FWD and manual I take it?  If it was a wagon I'd get it myself as I may be in CT for a couple months.

No worries on gas mileage if its FWD non turbo, his current truck gets 8 mpg and 70 miles one way.  He's able to offset that some on his 800lb Harley but that season ends soon

nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UberDork
9/2/20 2:46 a.m.

Ooh cream!

Sorry I'm broke but a 1st gen in cream would be close to the top of my lawn art bucket list.

Only a cream Z32 300ZX looks better in that color.

Good luck with the sale.

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
9/2/20 9:05 a.m.

Quattro AWD and 5 speed manual. On board computer usually reads out 22mpg

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/2/20 1:57 p.m.

Ok, now you really have myattention,  but I still need a price, am I missing it?

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
9/2/20 5:22 p.m.
Justjim75 said:

Ok, now you really have myattention,  but I still need a price, am I missing it?

$900, for that I'd cover getting flex pipe welded before it's sold. I haven't been driving it much because it's rather loud right now because of that. So if you wanted to come down and drive it back or meet part way etc. the ride would be more enjoyable

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/2/20 6:49 p.m.

Excellent, I'll get back with you soon if he or I want to move fwd

KonaBoss
KonaBoss Reader
9/3/20 8:48 a.m.

If Justjim and crew pass, I could be interested depending on the rust situation underneith. Have any underbody pics?

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
9/3/20 7:14 p.m.

In reply to KonaBoss :

Not currently but I can get some. 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
9/5/20 1:48 a.m.

I dont think my buddy is excited about the Audi.  I am, very much so but he's scared of Das Autos

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
2/1/21 8:06 p.m.

Well I need to make some room for another project. 

So once again, I'm asking for someone to buy this Audi. 

The exhaust is more together than before, still leaks and it will need a O2 sensor. 

Found some spare parts I'll include, taillight, intake, coil (possibly might be for a different v6 vag product)

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
2/14/21 8:48 a.m.

Last shot at it going quick. I hit a bump leaving work. It's a dip in the road I usually take slow. Scraped a hole in my oil pan. I have one on order. 

I took the roof rack off because I thought I had an interested buyer that didn't want the rack. I'm planning on selling that separately. 

$600 car as is (with leaking pan)

$650 with new pan (not installed)

$700 pan swapped in  

it is an easy job on these a boatload of torx or Allen screws hold the pan on. And a couple bolts to undo the swaybar and swing it back. Even with the low car it can be done pretty easy on just a pair of ramps  

I just bought a used VW Touareg so I'd like this to go soon. 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
2/14/21 8:49 a.m.

I took some more pictures recently. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/EpLw1GY1sxgnwGod6

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/15/21 10:26 p.m.

You don't know anyone that wants an 05 Legacy GT Limited wagon with a 5 speed do you?

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/15/21 10:28 p.m.

I'd like to sell my Subaru and buy your Audi to drive back to Alabama.   My son turns 16 soon, and there's always the 21 Challenge 

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
2/16/21 3:56 a.m.
Justjim75 said:

You don't know anyone that wants an 05 Legacy GT Limited wagon with a 5 speed do you?

Not currently but a lot of people drive Subaru's up here. Probably wouldn't be hard to find someone up this way. We always get rust around the rear wheel arches if that's clean it's a big bonus. 

P3PPY
P3PPY Dork
2/16/21 11:12 p.m.

Jim what happened with your Legacy? What’s the problem with it? I’m not buying just curious 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/18/21 8:24 a.m.

Not a thing in the world.  I promised my son I would get him a truck for his 16th birthday and I need something I can pull a heavy trailer with.  Can't have 2 cars and a motorcycle just for me if I'm adding a vehicle to the fleet for him.  In other words, the Subaru is a phenomenal car but not a very good truck

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/18/21 8:28 a.m.

Oh, and if I got the Audi I would drive it for the summer while truck shopping and either give it to my son, sell it or most likely, take it to the Challenge in October 

Justjim75
Justjim75 Dork
2/21/21 8:00 p.m.

I'm sending a PM, will you call or text me please?

former520
former520 HalfDork
2/21/21 8:08 p.m.

Good luck with sale.  I had the same car in green from 40k to 197k, loved it.  The 12v 6 was great.

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
2/21/21 10:23 p.m.

Has the timing been done recently or is it due?

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
3/22/21 4:27 p.m.

Well here's the latest. I was thinking about keeping it, wanted to do some crazy project with it but... I have other things I want/need to attend to first. So in the "I'm keeping it and crazy project planning stage" I was going to selectively part it out. I started by cutting out and selling the catalytic converters. In CT next year the car is emission exempt so I didn't care. 

So still slow leaking oil pan, have the original pan that could be patched, no cats, no roof rack. Come and get it for $300. 

I had been in contact with JustJim so he still has first rights if still interested 

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
3/22/21 10:10 p.m.

If someone can come get it let them, but if it's available when I get my E36 M3 together I'll pay double AND buy you dinner

dan0 (Forum Supporter)
4/13/21 9:05 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Tried sending you a forum message but it kicked back. My phone was damaged in a motorcycle accident that we had been texting on. You can reach me by email at dan@42green.com 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
o1kKSQP1WD5gJqELbqIhSvu4SDcBu8KkQrp0Gl9Xwh7JJJ9NhNjvlU86RbwuNlGN