1 2
dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/17/14 7:55 p.m.

I bought this car on an impulse and don't love it. Given that, I would like to sell it. I bought it in March, 2014 and it currently has ~3075 miles. It has every available option, other than the Tom Tom nav system. It is spotless, without a single mark anywhere on the car. Here are the specs.

Sticker
Base price - $22,000
Options
Performance leather trimmed high back bucket seats - $1,000
Customer Preferred Package 25X
Beats Audio - $700
Comfort/Convenience Group - $650
A/C with automatic temperature control Heated front seats
Sirius/XM with 1 year subscription
Nero/Rosso (black/red) seats
Power sunroof - $950
Red Mirror Caps with Body Side Stripes - $350
17"x7" forged aluminum hyper black wheels - $1,200
Destination charge - $700
Total - $27,550

Basic Warranty - 4 year/50,000 miles
Powertrain Warranty - 4 years/50,000 miles
Roadside assistance (certain restrictions apply)

Abarth Track Experience still open - tied to the VIN and good through March 2014

Asking - $22,000 obo

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker MegaDork
6/17/14 8:12 p.m.

Sexy little thing... Not my bag either as much as I kinda wanted it to be... but GLWS.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/18/14 1:30 p.m.
dyintorace wrote: Abarth Track Experience still open - tied to the VIN and good through March 2014

typo?

Jerry
Jerry Dork
6/18/14 1:39 p.m.

I'm a sad panda.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/18/14 1:52 p.m.
solfly wrote:
dyintorace wrote: Abarth Track Experience still open - tied to the VIN and good through March 2014
typo?

Yes, it's a typo! The owner has one year from the date the car goes into service. I bought the car in 03/14, so the track experience is open through 03/15. Thanks for catching!

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/18/14 1:53 p.m.
Jerry wrote: I'm a sad panda.

Me too. Just not the car for me.

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/18/14 3:33 p.m.

I'd buy that on a heartbeat, but I still need a real back seat. GLWS.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/18/14 7:44 p.m.
Duke wrote: I'd buy that on a heartbeat, but I still need a real back seat. GLWS.

My kids are 14 and 10 and fit quite well, if that's what you mean by a real back seat. It's roomy compared to a 911, but cramped compared to a full sized sedan.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/21/14 7:26 p.m.

Bump for some new photos.

http://s170.photobucket.com/user/tuckerryals/library/2013%20Fiat%20Abarth?sort=3&page=1

Duke
Duke UltimaDork
6/22/14 6:25 a.m.

Sorry, my kids are adult-sized. It is a great offer, though.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
6/22/14 6:53 a.m.

You might have a tough sale at $22k. Just saw a post from my dealer on Facebook where they STILL have a few brand new 2013's to get rid of at that price. I'm surprised.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/22/14 9:25 a.m.
Jerry wrote: You might have a tough sale at $22k. Just saw a post from my dealer on Facebook where they STILL have a few brand new 2013's to get rid of at that price. I'm surprised.

Hopefully they will run out at some point!

Regardless, I hope to at least get in the neighborhood of $22k. I listed it on Autotrader last night.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/22/14 9:26 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
Jerry wrote: You might have a tough sale at $22k. Just saw a post from my dealer on Facebook where they STILL have a few brand new 2013's to get rid of at that price. I'm surprised.
There was a thread on here where a few people grabbed them for cheap. I'm pretty sure this one was a result of that thread, and purchased for close to the $22k price (plus tax, tags, etc.). The dealers here still have leftover 13 cars, but not the Abarth's.

As I would expect, you're spot on. I'll end up losing money on the purchase and sale, but hope to limit the damage.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/22/14 10:07 a.m.

had me till the Red seats.

sorry you don't like it.

is there a reason or just not your cup of cappuccino?

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/22/14 10:38 a.m.
Datsun1500 wrote: In reply to dyintorace: I don't think you'll lose much (other than tax and tags) because the 14's are still listed in the $27k range, and I'm pretty sure the 13 Abarth's are gone. If there's a carmax near you, it's worth the hour to see what they offer. And I like the red seats

Not gonna wanna hear this but sub 10K mile Abarths are running between $16K and $19K asking on Autotrader.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
6/22/14 12:13 p.m.
Datsun1500 wrote:
There was a thread on here where a few people grabbed them for cheap. I'm pretty sure this one was a result of that thread, and purchased for close to the $22k price (plus tax, tags, etc.). The dealers here still have leftover 13 cars, but not the Abarth's.

Mine apparently does:

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/22/14 1:02 p.m.
Flight Service wrote: had me till the Red seats. sorry you don't like it. is there a reason or just not your cup of cappuccino?

To each his own. I love the red seats. One of my other cars is silver over red. I love red interiors!

As for the Abarth, it just isn't for me. Nothing more than that.

docwyte
docwyte HalfDork
6/22/14 4:58 p.m.

So do you still have the 330? Kinda surprised, this doesn't seem like the kind of car you usually go for...

Good luck with the sale!

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
6/22/14 6:22 p.m.

Fiat of Norwood Mass still has 9 2013 Abarths starting at 20,400 asking price. In fact they have 3 or 4 listed for under 21K. They will take less to get them off the lot.

bastomatic
bastomatic SuperDork
6/22/14 6:27 p.m.

I don't think it's appropriate for us to undercut his price on his for sale thread. Start a new thread if you want to point out where super deals on enthusiast cars can be found.

GLWS

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
6/22/14 6:31 p.m.

Fiat of Worcester Mass has another 7 of them and Providence has 2 or 3 as well. And I'm not trying to undercut him. His car is loaded with options cheaper Abarths don't have. Plus he's 1500 miles from here. Seriously doubt anybody is going to drive that far to buy basically a new car. Very cool cars. I have been trying to talk my wife into getting one and then passing it on to my oldest daughter in a couple of years. My daughter already has requested one of my TR8s as her first car and I'd feel better if she was in something a little newer, even if it is a Fiat.

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/22/14 7:16 p.m.
docwyte wrote: So do you still have the 330? Kinda surprised, this doesn't seem like the kind of car you usually go for... Good luck with the sale!

I sold that after buying this. Your assessment is correct!

dyintorace
dyintorace UberDork
6/22/14 7:18 p.m.
bastomatic wrote: I don't think it's appropriate for us to undercut his price on his for sale thread. Start a new thread if you want to point out where super deals on enthusiast cars can be found. GLWS

Thanks for the support. Mine is loaded, at least as far as Abarths go. As for the fact that dealers still have 2013s as well, selling mine may be more painful than I want, but I hope to limit the bleeding.

Jerry
Jerry Dork
6/23/14 6:49 a.m.
bastomatic wrote: I don't think it's appropriate for us to undercut his price on his for sale thread. Start a new thread if you want to point out where super deals on enthusiast cars can be found. GLWS

I wasn't trying to undercut, and doubt others were. Just pointing out the (somewhat nasty) truth that apparently the 2013's are still to be had at a low price brand new. Which surprises me really. (And I still freaking love this little car.)

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
6/23/14 8:27 a.m.

Yeah, no disrespect of undercut here. I hope he gets every nickel he is asking and then some.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2s3mvyOb5qgTPN32Hyk79ONIks2NNzAQEZNuB54QBBPzQAyZE2vQy0c5b139KgQv