AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/4/22 3:06 p.m.

Just seeing if a GRMer has any interest in this before it goes to Carmaxvana in the next few weeks. 

This has been my wife's car from new although I adopted it in the fall after we bought her a new car. It has technically had two owners as my in-laws bought it for her after college and it was in their name until they paid it off. Now it's in her name. 

2014 model year with 105,600 miles on it. It's been garaged about 2/3 of it's life but has been daily driven the entire time. No body rust but there's certainly some crust on suspension parts/rear sub frame typical to driving through Cleveland winters. My wife was rear ended a number of years ago and the body shop did not match the paint on the rear bumper well at all - you can tell in some lights. I had the rear trunk re-painted for her after one of my bicycles fell from the ceiling on it and a different shop didn't do a fantastic job either and there are a few random bumps and bruises that I would say are typical of a daily driven 100k+ non-enthusiast car. Overall though the paint is in good shape and would look great with some time spent detailing. 

Service records from day 1 with consistent maintenance. Most recently front strut assemblies, front brakes, valve cover gasket and an oil change in August 2021. It really has never given us any trouble other than the e-brake mechanism rusting solid at some point (replaced under warranty) and the MAF going bad. If I'm being really critical, I think I've felt the clutch slip a couple times on the first take off this past winter when its been very, very cold but otherwise it seems totally fine mechanically. If a GRMer buys it, it will come with two sets of wheels - steelies with winter tires and the stock wheels with all seasons. I would replace the all seasons this spring. The winter tires are on their 4th, maybe 5th season.

In this pic the lighting really highlights the color mismatch on the rear bumper. It also shows where my wife backed into the garage last spring. There's another small dent on that quarter/door where Elmore's mirror slipped out of my hand and smacked the car. 

Other than being totally filthy at the moment, the interior is in very nice shape with a few minor wear marks on the steering wheel and shift knob.

I'm flexible on price to a point but I know what the offers are from Carmaxvana as well as the local dealer so there's only so far it makes sense for me to go. Happy to be flexible on logistics as well if timing is a problem to come get it. 

Oh! I can confirm that it will rallycross too. That one event is the only motorsporting it has ever done. It has the typically enjoyable Mazda driving dynamics but it's not exactly invigorating. 

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
3/4/22 3:49 p.m.

Whats the real world MPG?

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/4/22 3:58 p.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

I couldn't tell you a specific number but very good and takes low grade. I'd say easily in the upper 30s on the highway. The downside is capacity in my mind. The tank is rated at like 16 gal but I don't think I've ever seen more than 13ish go into it and my wife is historically verrryyy good at running it down to empty. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
3/4/22 5:19 p.m.

When you sort out to manual trans on Fuelly, it implies a 32+ mpg average.  That's impressive.  Also the 2.5L with a very good reputation. 

https://www.fuelly.com/car/mazda/6/2014

OHSCrifle
OHSCrifle UltraDork
3/4/22 5:37 p.m.

IIRC the chrome window trim indicates it's either a Touring or Grand Touring trim. Looks like a good deal in 2022. 

edit: sounds like I didn't remember correctly. 

blueshift8
blueshift8 None
3/4/22 8:43 p.m.

I have a relative who is very interested, PM sent.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/4/22 9:17 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

It really does get great mileage.

In reply to OHSCrifle :

The window sticker shows it as a Sport. It is a base model because my wife demanded a manual trans and they only offered that is the lowest trim level to begin with. 2014 model year bought in 2013.

blueshift8

Got it.

RustBeltSherpa
RustBeltSherpa New Reader
3/5/22 2:07 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

This is a screaming deal and will probably retail for at least $12K. Ohh, it's in Soul Red!

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) Dork
3/6/22 1:49 p.m.

Soul Red is possibly the best red anyone ever put on a car.  It's such a pretty color.

trigun7469
trigun7469 UltraDork
3/11/22 3:22 a.m.

Message sent 

Chrissmith
Chrissmith New Reader
3/11/22 5:23 a.m.

It's a good car,  more likely longer than whatever timeframe you had in mind as long as you take care of it.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
3/11/22 8:17 a.m.

Trade for a 2003 540i/6?  hahahaha

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/11/22 8:37 a.m.

In reply to trigun7469 :

Responded. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/11/22 8:37 a.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Hnnnng.

Miljack
Miljack None
3/28/22 8:58 a.m.

I'm interested, but, had to create a new ID, thus I can't DM yet.  Let me know if you still have the car.

thanks,

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
3/28/22 2:58 p.m.

Sorry, didn't update the thread. Car is sold. 

Miljack
Miljack New Reader
3/29/22 10:37 a.m.

Thanks for the update, shoot, should have jumped earlier!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U4sPSZau0JTMFCmqfJAxCB2Eu3VFDlOw441R3MYPlgKS7YiVa4vweJHmVOrpMsWv