lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter)
lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/12/21 11:19 a.m.

Well, it's time to cut this one loose. I don't have the time for it and hopefully there's someone here that can appreciate the possibilities. I bought it with the intention of doing an "Outlaw" build with a Subaru engine/transaxle but house projects all year have kept me out of the shop and there are more pressing projects that I want to focus on. Here's a link to the thread I started called German rabbit hole so you can see just what I have. It's an unrusty 914 which was the only reason for picking it up. I HATE RUST! I bought the 911 suspension for it and the staggered Fuchs(15x7/8's) and some fiberglass flares and hood. It's a real car with a real VIN and title, so there's a value in that for all the P-car people out there.

Take a look and let me know if there's any interest. I also posted it to FB and here's the FB Marketplace ad..

$6000 for everything.

This pic is of the "good side". The other side needs the flares installed. I hope to have other pix later tonite.

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/12/21 12:20 p.m.

That seems like a good deal to me, hope you find the right buyer!

captainawesome
captainawesome Dork
11/12/21 12:50 p.m.

Dang. Why all the good stuff so far away?

lotusseven7 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
11/12/21 4:10 p.m.

It should be a good deal for someone ready to take on a project. I paid $1500 for the Fuchs which is NUTS, but that's what they sell for unfortunately. Buying the 911SC front end was $1100 plus a drive to Mass. The fiberglass parts were another $500 plus a few tanks of gas to get them. I would keep the Fuchs and sell if for that much less it that makes it more attractive to someone. 

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
11/12/21 5:05 p.m.

You interested in a 300ce in trade?

GeddesB
GeddesB New Reader
11/12/21 8:21 p.m.

Good Gratious this thing is 20 miles from me...  I don't need this....I don't need this.....  I don't need this......

PS LotusSeven7.  I have a Lotus as well. 

11/12/21 8:43 p.m.

20 miles? Get in touch with me and swing by the shop some day. Always cool toys to see hanging around.

11/13/21 8:33 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

Thanks, and although that would be a cool cruiser, I don't have the space, time or $$$ for another vehicle. I would like to get rid of 3-4 other projects as well. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
11/14/21 6:48 a.m.

I'm somewhat local and might be interested in this or one of the other projects you allude to selling, assuming they're around the same price point or lower.  PM me if you don't want to post them yet?

11/30/22 12:55 p.m.

It's been quite a while since I posted this, but maybe someone has an interest. I removed the rear trunk area completely so there is 100% access to the engine/transaxle area to build and work. I plated both sides so there is now some structure to mount the engine, coilovers and trans. I looked online and all of the "cool builds" are wide open in the back, so why not! The inner rocker sills are plated/reinforced since that's where the rollcage is going to mount and I bent-up/welded the main hoop. The bulkhead/rear firewall needed to be modified as well, so I got that out of the way as well. An aluminum dash is bent and in the car to use as a starting point. It will need to be trimmed on the sides if a full cage is going to be installed and honestly, it's too tall/deep, so it will require trimming to your taste at some point.

The car has a title that matches the VIN tag and body tag and a-pillar tag, so it's a real car!

Take a look at the FB ad for current pictures and I will be adding more later this week.

rustybugkiller
rustybugkiller Dork
11/30/22 1:03 p.m.

FB link does not work for me!

11/30/22 1:28 p.m.

Sorry, hopefully This one does. 

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
11/30/22 2:03 p.m.

Damn, I wish my S2 would sell

*** BUMP with an update.

I did some roll cage work, engine bay tubing, aluminum dash, passenger compartment bulkhead and rear bumper supports. Also machined front strut camber/caster plates. I'm willing to sell the whole project as it sits and keep the FUCHS wheels in order to reduce the price.

$5000 w/o the Fuchs.

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
3/8/23 12:10 p.m.

What was/is your plan to finish off the bulkhead 

Already done. Dzus tabs, buttons and some 0.050" 3003 aluminum. 

9/13/23 3:27 p.m.

I'm going to bump this back up since it's been a few months since I've touched it. I did mount some 275/35-15 Hoosiers on the rear wheels in preparation of getting it on the ground, eventually. I also machined a pair of upper strut mounts for the adjustable camber/caster plates. 

It's time to decide on which engine/trans to use. K-series, Subaru, LS?????? The engine bay is wide open and large enough to accommodate just about anything short of an Allison. That might actually fit come to think of it, but that's up to the new owner to decide.

9/13/23 3:28 p.m.

Yes, the top fits over the rollcage.

Grecobeemer
Grecobeemer New Reader
9/22/23 8:07 a.m.

In reply to chandler :

I have always wanted a C124 after we sold ours years ago. Can you PM me more info? Thanks

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vV0yHikVBgDHNpjdmOE7Wc6yBuJyQGiLnLjBJJh08GIdx824uUqhTUkcBBgovP02