bbender
bbender New Reader
9/10/19 12:07 a.m.

Anybody interested in an SN95 autox or maybe track-day project car? It's already reasonably sorted, needs paint and a little cleaning up to start with.

Details:
1995 Mustang GT. 5.0, T-5 trans.
86k mi., bought it used at 43k in 2000. DD'd a few years in western PA (including winters).

Paint is rough (patches peeling off the trunk, door bottoms, couple spots on the roof, tops of the rear fenders at the roofline; seems pretty typical for the 94-95 at this point?)

Interior is really clean/nice (black, cloth)

Manual windows, manual seats, it should be, what, about 3400 lbs or so?

Mods:
-----
Exhaust: ceramic-coated Motorsport shorties, BassaniX-pipe w/ hi-flow cats, Flowmaster3-chambers (not real loud, but it sounds pretty)

Suspension: Steeda boxed aluminum lower rear control arms (the ones with multi-density bushings so they don't bind), police/taxi upper control arms, Steeda roadrace springs & Tokiko Illumina shocks & struts, Steeda camber/caster plates, Energy Suspension poly swaybar bushings

17x8 Cobra replica wheels with new Kumho Ecsta LE Sports (245/45)

Brakes: Hawk HPSs, Powerslot rotors, lots left of both

Other: front seats are GT-spec from a '91 5.0LX. Aluminum clutch quadrant, cable, & firewall adjuster

Other extras not installed:
-------------------------------------
Steeda tubular upper rear arms (if you want to focus on the strip, but for street/autox/opentrack, better to stick with the police uppers)

Set of Energy Suspension bushings for the front control arms

Steeda solid steering shaft (get rid of the sloppy rag-joint in the stock one)

Original 16x7 5-spoke "Pony" rims for wets or winters (currently with used-up all-seasons)

Underdrive pulleys (it came with them on, but it didn't cool or charge well enough with them for daily-driver use, so I swapped in a stock set)

Haynes repair manual, "Ford Fuel Injection & Electronic Engine Control", Haynes engine overhaul manual

Needs:
------
Paint

Driver door and trunk locks are frozen, passenger door lock works. (It's not at all silly looking having to open the passenger door and reaching across to unlock driver side to get in everywhere you take it <g>)

Let me know if you have questions. I'm in Pittsburgh's east 'burbs.

Thanks,
Brian

bbender
bbender New Reader
9/10/19 12:11 a.m.

Quick pic, can post more if wanted:

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
9/10/19 6:39 a.m.

Price? You mention winter driving, but no discussion of the rust situation. Is it PA inspected? 

bbender
bbender New Reader
9/10/19 1:42 p.m.

In reply to Scotty Con Queso :

There's some surface rust underneath. I keep asking the guy who inspects it if there's anything that scares him yet, and he keeps telling me "no". But it's a 25-y-o car that has wintered *shrug*. It is PA inspected, through the end of this month. Just had it out for a spin last night :)

It's been emission-exempt the last few years (low mileage), but it smogged clean the last time it did have to be tested (with this complete exhaust on it).

I'm really not sure on price -- it's such a mix of "so old" / "the paint" and "good stuff in it" / "runs great" I don't know where to start. Suggestions? Am I crazy hoping for maybe $4k ?

bbender
bbender New Reader
9/18/19 10:34 p.m.
pontiacstogo
pontiacstogo New Reader
9/19/19 8:04 a.m.

Yep - I keep coming back to this.  It's not far from me and I'm looking for a fun HPDE/autocross car for my wife.....

bbender
bbender New Reader
10/19/19 10:37 p.m.

PA inspection good for another year now. Mechanic still says "no" when I ask him if there's anything that worries him about it.

And $4k was just a WAG -- feel free to make an offer if interested. I really should get it out of my driveway, but would like to find it a good home :)

@pontiacstogo: if you wanted to have a look at it, I could maybe meet you in Blairsville sometime. Looks about halfway between us, more or less...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qAfaVjmhsLA1ew6AgP2IEXctqmbKhzWId6pLFSOvGIgRPtnTCETz022Lz4gtqhvb