3 4 5
Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
1/20/20 7:53 p.m.
sbellis67 said:

I can't tell you how very tempted I am. Shipping to SC looks to be on the order of $1k if it's inoperable, but that drops to under $800 if drivable... what would it take to get the fuel pump back up and running... more than 200?

You're welcome to low ball the heck out of me to make it worth shipping it. 

sbellis67
sbellis67 New Reader
1/21/20 8:45 a.m.

What's your email? I tried looking it up on your profile but it tells me I need to log in, even when I'm logged in.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
1/21/20 8:47 a.m.
sbellis67 said:

What's your email? I tried looking it up on your profile but it tells me I need to log in, even when I'm logged in.

Pm'd 

sbellis67
sbellis67 New Reader
1/21/20 1:32 p.m.

I've replied via email...

sbellis67
sbellis67 New Reader
4/17/24 3:59 p.m.

Just to let everyone here know... I did buy it. I've had it for over 4 years now. It wasn't running when it was rolled off the flatbed, but after changing out fuel lines, filter, and the mechanical pump on the engine, it started up and revved high... took it a while before you could kick it down to idle.  Drove it around the block once, then let it sit... for four years.  That was because it was scary to drive, as the shifter bushings were non-existant.  I managed to find some!!! Bought ramps and a creeper board from Harbor Frieght, only to find that the car sits so low that I couldn't get under it to install the bushings.  (GRRRRR!) But I found a shop a few miles away that (1) took pity on me and would install them and (2) took my money ($160) to install them for me.  It seems like highway robbery (pun intended), but worth it.  The shifter is almost too tight now, but that will wear out over time. Drove it home, stopping to put 5 fresh gallons of gas in it, and parked it in the driveway, to find there is a fuel leak near the tank. <FACEPALM> So that's my next adventure!  I'll try to get some pics once I've cleaned it up a bit, the clearcoat is totally flat, so that's another upcoming job...

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
4/17/24 4:06 p.m.

Thanks for the update. This is a cool car.

BoulderG
BoulderG Reader
4/17/24 4:15 p.m.

Yes, thanks for the update on a cool car, indeed. I remember when these came out and trying to convince my parents it was a much wiser choice than an Oldsmobile.

Post some pics if you've got 'em, please.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
4/17/24 6:14 p.m.

Glad to see this one pop back up! Sbellis, keep us updated please, with pics!

BoulderG, my dad did buy one new, (there's a pic earlier in the thread I think.) At the time it was like a spaceship compared to the malaise era stuff most of my friends' parents had with the digital dash, oscillating vents and 80s-tabulous velour sport seats.

I spent probably 150k in it, between riding in back as a tween including 8k Canadian Rockies trip, serving as dad's chauffeur as part of learning to drive (many trips into Boston after he trusted me to not kill his car ).  I ended up with it in college when it had over 250k on the clock.

3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Qdgt9qGeHyegsltP1obem5TA34JkxsLyPo83QnoTCL8vh8ADQuh2dl6wypLilazf