1 2 3
accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
11/16/20 10:46 a.m.

Probably not that unthinkable by GRM terms, but you know.

I'm near Nashville, TN - I want a fairly rust-free, not necessarily running Ford Festiva so I can do terrible things to it. I have a tow dolly which pretty much makes me an expert.

I'm also open to other boxy 80/90 goodness - maybe a justy? An early Tercel?

Anyone want to enable me? 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/17/20 11:20 a.m.
slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/17/20 11:28 a.m.

That's actually a Fiesta, not a Festiva. Common mistake. laugh

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
11/17/20 12:46 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

It's another Ford.  One is just as bad as another.

matthewmcl (Forum Supporter)
matthewmcl (Forum Supporter) Reader
11/17/20 1:00 p.m.

Festivas are awesome, especially with the modularity of the Mazda motors in them, but...

Street car or track car? A Festiva can be totaled by a cracked windshield. It is a little like running a Scirocco.

accordionfolder
11/17/20 1:25 p.m.

Oooh, that's pretty a fiesta, if it were closer I might be tempted. I might be tempted anyways, that'd be awesome RWD....

And I always have to Google fiesta vs festiva I can never remember which is which off the top of my head.

And this will be getting a dosage of Miata subframes and maybe a bike engine shoved in it? So lexan window is fine

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
11/17/20 3:16 p.m.

In reply to accordionfolder :

I know of a sub $1k taurus SHO for sale if the search for a bike engine falls short 

accordionfolder
11/17/20 3:28 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I have a CBR-900RR "available" at the pops house, though I'm not sure if he's got plans for it yet, though I have a small hord of Miata engine and transmission available too.

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/17/20 3:34 p.m.

Turbo BP out of a Mercury Capri XR2, coilovers from a Maxda 121, and big brakes from 90s Ford Assfire. 

I've had that Festevil pipedream in my head for years. 

11/17/20 4:20 p.m.

In reply to Appleseed :

The XR2 had a B6T, not BPT, though still enough fun for the platform! 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/17/20 5:05 p.m.

As cheap and plentiful as chinese bp turbo parts are for miatas and the like....a bpt festiva is entirely challengeable. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/17/20 7:01 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

It mates up to the stock Festiva trans, that's for sure. 

accordionfolder
11/17/20 8:12 p.m.

I <3 GRM.

I want to buy a s h i t box and everyone on the forum is just like, "hell yeah my dude, this is how I'd build that E36 M3box."

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/17/20 8:17 p.m.

If your serious,  I have the old Sport Compact Car magazine issue where they walk you through the B6T swap. I can try to locate it and scan it.

dabird
dabird Reader
11/17/20 8:48 p.m.

I was out looking for a repo at some sketchy apartments about 10 years ago and stumbled upon this one for $250. I immediately bought it. It ran but smoked like crazy. It sat in my garage for a couple years and then I sold it for $500. I've always regretted not doing anything with it . Now you have me looking again

11/18/20 12:36 a.m.

Also, according the FB marketplace, west virginia is crawling with them. I think that's a reflection of the chaotically fun to drive roads. 

accordionfolder
11/18/20 11:53 a.m.
Appleseed said:

If your serious,  I have the old Sport Compact Car magazine issue where they walk you through the B6T swap. I can try to locate it and scan it.

I would love to read it if it's not too much trouble. I've been after one of the boxy fords for a while now. I hope to build something ..... odd to bring on track and piss of porsches and vettes with for next season. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
11/18/20 1:53 p.m.
Appleseed said:
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Appleseed :

It mates up to the stock Festiva trans, that's for sure. 

Cam waugh built the first turbo festiva I ever heard of using the b6t combo you mention. 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/18/20 5:11 p.m.

Yup, CWS Tuining in Regina, Saskatchewan.

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
11/19/20 8:47 p.m.

I own one of these E36 M3 boxes. A '91 with 98k miles. Paid $1600 a few years ago.

I absolutely love it to death. Fun to drive, great gearbox, fun handling despite the body roll, knocks down 40+ mpg easy, can fit SO much inside. I might like it more than the NA I used to own. It's that loveable. I don't know why, but it just tickles me.

Mine needs a new rear wheel bearing and master cyl, but otherwise it's been pretty problem free. It does have low compression on one cylinder, so it may need head work, but it runs fine as is. 

There's one for sale in Reno NV for 1k. Some weird stuff going on, but the motor looks clean and would probably get you back to OH.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/357970892235777/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

accordionfolder
11/20/20 9:38 a.m.
CyberEric said:

... Some weird stuff going on, ....

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/357970892235777/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined

lol - the understatement of the year.

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
11/20/20 1:04 p.m.

Here's one from Ohio, so...probably not rust-free. cheeky But it has a custom front-exit exhaust! #stivalife

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/354451922320848/?ref=product_details&referral_code=undefined

11/20/20 8:18 p.m.

In reply to CyberEric :

I seriously would love to see a B6T or BPT spec festiva series. I'd build a car for it. They're a blast. My love of doing things in the dirt is the reason I go with the more stable, but less nimble BG chassis for my current toys, but a pavement only swapped festiva is tempting. 

CyberEric
CyberEric Dork
11/24/20 12:23 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

That would be very cool! 

Appleseed
Appleseed MegaDork
11/24/20 5:32 p.m.

Still trying to locate that SSC article.  I know I still have it, because I never throw anything away.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AZ2NKn82o94uV55aTJ8hcJYzuwhM5fAVeR8i1l0zknnfYtonvz8zLESpOMeus6Ge