c0rbin9
c0rbin9 Reader
9/19/19 8:16 p.m.

I bought this car here in Houston in November 2017 and split time between it and my Z when I wanted a comfortable, relaxing ride. Recently we got a new car which has taken over the garage space, so I'd like to pass this one on to someone who can keep it out of the rain and weather. I believe I am the 4th owner, this car was originally from Oregon and has no rust or sun damage. Still has that Mercedes familiar smell. Records show it was maintained by Mercedes up to 90,000 miles, now it has 140k. Recent services (last 18 months) include engine mounts, new muffler (OEM), spark plugs, all filters, all fluids, rear brake pads, OVP relay, Continental tires, antenna mast & motor (Hirschmann) and more. Garage kept, no accidents, includes original keys (2), owners manuals, and full toolkit w/ jack. Current inspection, clear title.

There are some things that need attention:

-"dirty" cold starts; takes 3-4 seconds to start up after sitting overnight. Local Mercedes mechanic recommended replacing fuel pressure regulator. Check valves and fuel filter have been replaced. This is something I would want to fix ASAP, I've not had time to do it though. It starts normally each time after that, only dirty after sitting overnight.

-Serpentine belt tensioner bushing is worn, which causes a rattle at the front.

-Hood pad needs replaced

Despite these issues the car shows and drives very nicely, no funny smells or lights on the dash. I'm happy to show and provide test drives to anyone interested. Despite the compact size, this car is NOT sporty, it rides like an S-class and has that bank vault build quality. It does very well smoothing out bumps in the road and cruising on the highway. There really nothing else like it on the market today, and will likely last another 100,000 miles without much difficulty.

I really love this car, it will be difficult to see it go. It is more than the sum of its parts and really makes you feel special behind the wheel with the 3 pointed star out at the front of the hood and unique driving feel.

I'm asking $4200 OBO. Contact via phone/text if interested! 713 two-five-two 88six1 Less

Slippery
Slippery SuperDork
9/19/19 8:40 p.m.

Beautiful car. 

I had a Smoke Silver W126 and yours looks to be the same color. Smoke Silver is notorious for fading in the southern sun, but yours looks pristine. 

I need a bigger garage. 

c0rbin9
c0rbin9 Reader
9/19/19 8:57 p.m.

Thanks, yep it's Smoke Silver! I believe they switched to a water based enviro paint starting in 93' and the clear coat had a notorious cracking problem, resulting in a spider web pattern in the places affected. This car has this clear coat "checking", but only on the trunk lid. It never bothered me enough to repaint, as it still presents well...

It's difficult to find 190E's in this condition, unfortunately many have gone to the scrapyard. Glad to see some Mercedes appreciation on GRM, I was a bit worried this was the wrong audience for this type of car.

c0rbin9
c0rbin9 Reader
9/19/19 9:05 p.m.

If I may point out another unique quality to Benz's of this era, it's the feeling of stability at speed, especially in the rain. The weighty steering feel, that panoramic wiper, and subtle road feel add up to a very secure feeling when the road is wet. I have found some cars feel a little floaty when there is water on the road, this one feels no different than when it's dry!

c0rbin9
c0rbin9 Reader
9/19/19 9:44 p.m.
c0rbin9
c0rbin9 Reader
9/30/19 6:05 p.m.

bump

c0rbin9
c0rbin9 Reader
10/16/19 10:30 p.m.

bump

$4200?

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
10/17/19 8:08 a.m.

have you advertised this on benz world?

yupididit
yupididit UberDork
10/18/19 10:17 a.m.

In reply to Fueled by Caffeine :

Seriously I don't see it lasting long on a Mercedes forum. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
c9oSSBkl7w9brieWUhePDeAh9tjwsrQiUy2zUf7cwOkLYBUp1Btwtbuh7p29SA0M