billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
2/24/22 6:52 p.m.

For the Francophile who loves punishment ... 

https://www.capitalautoauction.com/inventory/

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
2/24/22 7:24 p.m.

My friend used to refer to those as The Voiture in French class.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy PowerDork
2/24/22 8:13 p.m.

I haven't seen one of those in years!

travellering
travellering HalfDork
2/24/22 9:24 p.m.

The interior description is almost a perfect Challenge team name.  The Dirty Mold Men...

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/24/22 10:03 p.m.

and yet...

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/24/22 10:44 p.m.

In reply to billstewartx :

I've had way more fun autoxing one of those than anyone should admit to. 

NY Nick
NY Nick HalfDork
2/24/22 11:47 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

This to the max. I can't help but think a LeCar with a snowmobile or bike motor driving it like an R5 is a great challenge option. 

pointofdeparture
pointofdeparture UltimaDork
2/25/22 1:07 a.m.

Those are actually decent little cars, really no worse than any other non-Japanese compact cranked out at the time, but an awful dealer network and dismissive American mechanics sealed their fate more than anything else.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/25/22 6:07 a.m.

I have no interest in that particular heap, but that's EXACTLY the type of unicorn I'm looking for.  If I found one in good running/driving condition, I can't imagine it'd be worth more than a few grand.  If so, I'd rock it in a heartbeat.  I'm keeping my eyes peeled for something that unique and uncommon that's in "good" condition.

Chrissmith
Chrissmith New Reader
2/25/22 6:11 a.m.

That looks like so much fun!

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/25/22 8:02 a.m.

I bought a silver one with red stripes new once upon a time.  Made uprights for each bumper and strapped a hang glider to the top, even took it, the dog and luggage on our honeymoon.  It's the last car I ever saw with a factory manual choke.

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
2/25/22 11:38 a.m.

Having spent some time driving in France back in the 80s when the French still built French cars, I can tell you that French cars run on a whole different philosophy of suspension design than the rest of the world. And woe be you, if you think your 240z can keep up to these crazy baquete runners going down a Pyrenees mountain road.

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
2/25/22 11:50 a.m.

Gut the interior, insulation & BS you might have something.

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
2/25/22 5:48 p.m.

I just started a job with a company owned by the French. They do things a bit different than I'm used to. Hadn't thought of the LeCar in many years, but we were just talking about them today!

03Panther
03Panther UberDork
2/25/22 5:50 p.m.

BTW, I'm not an on line auction friendly guy... I did not see a location or start time; or even a starting bid?

billstewartx
billstewartx Reader
2/25/22 7:45 p.m.

its not on the auction block yet... they usually make it live/bidable  about a week before the final auction happens 

its in Philly 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QdS1bsz9Dj85oO87dxvGaGQ4RNlIiXTms5eIHERzO4pQd48D8NCSgNouBEJoetTL