akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/15/21 9:40 a.m.
akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/15/21 9:41 a.m.

This a kit car chassis based on Ron Champions designs. They are commonly referred to as the "Locost" Seven. This is complete with Chevette Engine and manual transmission. The steering donor and suspension is from a late 1980s Toyota pickup. The rear end is also from the same truck and it has 4 link suspension. Feel free to message me I'll do my best answer questions. I am not the builder of this chassis, so my knowledge is limited. Does not run or drive. Wiring is not finished and there is no gas tank. No title. Not interested in trades sorry.

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/15/21 9:42 a.m.

Can someone get this for me and hide it for a couple of years?

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/21 9:56 a.m.

In reply to akylekoz :

That seems like an awesome deal & if it were close I'd be finding a way to hide it in the backyard. 

nocones
nocones UberDork
4/15/21 10:09 a.m.

This seems like an Epically ambitious Fly and Drive candidate.  

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/15/21 10:11 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Want me to hide it for you?

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
4/15/21 10:17 a.m.

The upper shock mounts make me nervous. 

akylekoz
akylekoz SuperDork
4/15/21 10:42 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I assume those are for ride height setup purposes with a proper mount filled in later.

Yes, too scary as it is, 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/21 11:19 a.m.

I don't think that steering wheel is connected to anything either. 

for $900 I'll pass. I'll bet the engine, even in perfect tune, is 'inspiring'. 

I just sold my rusty datsun body that could've made this challenge legal on the cheap and easy, but I still have an extra miata 1.6 I'd sell cheap to anyone looking to repower this thing. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/15/21 7:49 p.m.
akylekoz said:

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Want me to hide it for you?

Yes, but no. I really need to sell 1 or 2 cars(if I ever actually make a decision) before I seriously consider something else.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
4/15/21 9:30 p.m.

He says its based on a locost... looks to me like he saw a picture on one for a few seconds, and designed his from the memory of that! That being said, its prolly better designed than I could do on my own, so I should talk...

Frigidaire
Frigidaire New Reader
4/16/21 3:14 p.m.

I think the tie rod outer set up is sketchy, I wouldn't drive it with that set up

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
4/16/21 3:32 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

That's exactly what's happening here. A locost "book" frame has a taper to the front end that gives it a more dynamic look, this one is squared off. Makes me want to go finish my frame...

SanchinMiata
SanchinMiata Reader
4/16/21 7:08 p.m.

I have absolutely zero interest in this thing, but it's local to me... So, if some foolhardy soul needs eyes on it...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sPlY3MxJFP08VCS7kMHAZgCfO3RM6nnLMWRsPpp3t4WEOtKL4o0X5A1Lgh9zR0yK