russde
russde Reader
6/16/22 5:18 p.m.

On the hunt for something that gets better gas mileage than my GX470, to use for around town and maybe even a weekend drive to San Antonio (2 hours, I can wear earplugs), and I've been wanting a Miata, so throw two stones at me.

• A/C required (not necessarily functioning, just needs to have all the parts.
  • Manual
  • Prefer not black
  • Prefer a decent exterior
  • Deferred maintenance is ok, I can refresh
  • Fly n drive is ok as long as the car is capable
  • <$7,000

I've come up dry locally, Houston, Austin, Dallas have a few, but I'm unwilling to drive 3+ hours for an unknown

If you'd prefer private msg "russ de dot 93 at g mail"

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/16/22 7:00 p.m.

Interested in a white 90 setup for STS autox with intact but never tested/charged AC, a older white respray that's showing it's age, and otherwise completely mechanically solid? Located in Biloxi, MS  

russde
russde Reader
6/16/22 7:29 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Could be Pete...shoot me some details. How does it ride (i.e. what's the suspension?), I'd need to daily it some and the roads in Corpus Christi are abominable; price of course, too.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/16/22 7:31 p.m.

In reply to russde :

Pete might even let you sleep in the RV.  Wake up at 6am is a bitch though.  I don't know if you two know each other well but I'll vouch for either one of you.  Both good peeps.

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/16/22 10:56 p.m.

In reply to russde :

Message sent!

outasite
outasite HalfDork
7/28/22 9:34 p.m.

Still looking? Very clean rust free 99 red Miata with 64000 miles. Clean Carfax report backed up be previous receipts. However, asking price is higher then $7000 .

russde
russde Reader
7/28/22 9:46 p.m.

In reply to outasite :

I am still looking, yes.

Not a fan of red cars, but email me with details and how far over $7 you're talking, please

Russ

outasite
outasite HalfDork
7/28/22 10:10 p.m.

In reply to russde :

The car is currently posted on Minneapolis Craigslist

bmw88rider
bmw88rider UberDork
7/29/22 4:01 p.m.

Did you already call on this one? 

FB NB Miata

russde
russde Reader
7/29/22 6:20 p.m.

In reply to bmw88rider :

I saw that one..."Previous Owner never titled car. Had front end light damage. Car has blue title, but actual Carfax shows it should be reconditioned title" 

Kinda puts me off, I need a little better condition for my purposes, and a '60k JDM engine' gives me pause as well...although I WILL say it's at least priced accordingly.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
7/29/22 9:26 p.m.

I may have one for you.  '91 5spd, red.  140k miles.  In really good shape, inside and out.  No rust, ac works.  Only problem right now is a small oil leak.  It's at the shop right now getting looked at as I don't have time to screw with it.  Can get you pictures soon.  Have to figure out price, but I'm not looking to gouge a GRMer 

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
7/30/22 11:33 a.m.

I've thought about getting another car that gets better gas mileage than my Land Cruiser, then I realize that whatever I spend on that car would pay for a whole ton of gas for the Land Cruiser....

russde
russde Reader
7/30/22 12:33 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

Very true, but I've wanted a Miata for some time, and this would save me some gas dollars, so dual purpose.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QXYZyA9KiHtGDmiHu9Og5H4S4S9apwaizH391xlwOVxkBvOhOyROstlgdqv3Hjfm