1 2
ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
2/6/23 2:54 p.m.

Hey y'all,

As some of you may know, I was involved in a collision with my Miata in October of last year. While I'm okay, the miata took a pretty rough hit in the back. Despite having evidence in favour of me being in the right, the other insurance still refused to admit fault and I don't think I have any other ways of fighting it. I don't have the space at the moment to give it the care it needs so I want it to go to a home that'll do so. 

It's a 1999 Miata with whatever they called the top trim package back then. Odometer is at 36k miles, it's manual and still runs and drives. Frame rails underneath are good, you'll definitely need a new quarter panel. I have a Spec miata exhaust, a header, a rear strut bar, oem wheels, and a couple other bits for it. Ironically, still clean title.

Mainly looking to trade for it, located in Orlando, Florida. At work at the moment, I get off at 11pm, I'll upload pictures tomorrow, or if someone reaches out I can send via text/email.

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
2/6/23 3:01 p.m.

What kind of trades are you looking for

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
2/6/23 3:05 p.m.

In reply to Docwemple :

Honestly, I'd be open to anything that's interesting, is able to be legally registered, and preferably runs. I have a Q45, I have been oogling for another early 90's infiniti product haha

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/6/23 3:37 p.m.

keep fighting.  unless you were breaking a law when you got hit, rear damage almost always says "the other guy berkeleyed up"

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
2/6/23 3:40 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Trust me, I went down just about every avenue I could think of. I was making a left when he struck me but I have witnesses who said his light was red when he hit me. Cops said the witnesses basically lied and I violated his right of way. They didn't even include the witnesses information in the report 

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
2/6/23 5:18 p.m.
ExcessKuma said:

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Trust me, I went down just about every avenue I could think of. I was making a left when he struck me but I have witnesses who said his light was red when he hit me. Cops said the witnesses basically lied and I violated his right of way. They didn't even include the witnesses information in the report 

That sucks..

zchris
zchris
2/6/23 5:22 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma : Would you send pics to 5drew@comcast.net Thanks

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/6/23 5:35 p.m.

I'm up in Gainesville and am interested.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
2/6/23 6:02 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Pm'ed you, dunno if it worked

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
2/6/23 6:02 p.m.

Manual e46 coupe?

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
2/6/23 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

Do all the pixels work?

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
2/6/23 6:51 p.m.

I realise now that in case this post picks up traction, I should have a way to let people contact me even if I'm not checking GRM.

I'll post my secondary email on here in case someone wants to contact me. If you already are contacted by my primary email I'll still reply there too.

yowhatsupmyguy8@gmail

Just put the subject line as like "Miata" or "Trade" or something along those lines.

Hoondavan
Hoondavan HalfDork
2/6/23 10:20 p.m.

Talk to an attorney if  you can spare the time.  Most should give you a 30-60 minute consultation to determine if they even want your case.  If it's "auto" they'll probably listen up until they realize there's no personal injury claim.  

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/7/23 5:58 a.m.
Hoondavan said:

Talk to an attorney if  you can spare the time.  Most should give you a 30-60 minute consultation to determine if they even want your case.  If it's "auto" they'll probably listen up until they realize there's no personal injury claim.  

Correct.  They'll listen until they realize there's no money in it for them.  They will also understand that if OP turned left in front of someone, unfortunately he is likely majority (if not fully) liable.  It's not a winning case.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
2/7/23 7:44 a.m.

Have you turned this into your insurance company?

Justjim75
Justjim75 SuperDork
2/7/23 8:02 a.m.

Pics of damage?

DrBoost
DrBoost MegaDork
2/7/23 11:51 a.m.

I'm in Port Charlotte. Please don't post pics. I mean do, but don't.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
2/7/23 2:29 p.m.

In reply to jimbob_racing :

Yup. Still didn't care.

Docwemple
Docwemple Reader
2/7/23 4:01 p.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

Gotta love insurance companies and attorneys 

Shadeux
Shadeux Dork
2/7/23 4:46 p.m.

Yeah, pics? I'm intrigued.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
2/7/23 5:35 p.m.
Shadeux said:

Yeah, pics? I'm intrigued.

At my parents place pressure washing and refinishing some wheels. Setting an alert to my phone for tomorrow to post

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
2/8/23 3:10 p.m.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
2/8/23 3:18 p.m.

https://imgur.com/a/oBBjmHe

Since I still do not understand how to multi link pics, here is an Imgur link with all the pictures. I am aware the interior shot doesn't show a center console, it is installed in the car, had it out to replace shift boot and install short shifter.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
2/10/23 1:45 p.m.

It seems the Miata has scared everyone away haha. Still gives me time to think about what I'll do with it. I still have the Q45 to drive around.

SKJSS (formerly Klayfish)
SKJSS (formerly Klayfish) PowerDork
2/10/23 1:48 p.m.

People may not have something to trade. What would be your cash price? That might help get more interest.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
vvhtX5cfvJP5UppO1ybZG3yeWmQbrw73ySYupEd5jz06RSEv4sbyt8xhfbJjbxty