1 2 3
Apexcarver
Apexcarver UltimaDork
7/8/22 4:44 a.m.

You might have posted this elsewhere, but is there a "next build" planned you are making room for? (Curious mind)

Love your stuff. 

As far as my view on the failed sale; if it was a name brand off the shelf part that failed and not in a way that made me doubt the engineering or physical installation skills of the builder, it does sound like someone had a "come to Jesus" about what owning a car like that is about. A factory Corvette or whatever - it is not, you will have upkeep like that.  At least that's my $0.02. 

Purple Frog (Forum Supporter)
Purple Frog (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
7/8/22 9:09 a.m.

The keys in the dash act as a great G meter.  smiley

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
7/8/22 9:19 a.m.
kb58 said:

Having built the car from scratch, paying for everything myself, and respecting mechanical stuff, I just can't bring myself to record a video of me doing donuts - never have done it. There was another special on BaT that auctioned several months ago for about $171K, and they had a donut video. The comments were all positive, yet I look at it as them disrespecting the hardware, and wondered what condition the drivetrain was in. Clearly I was mistaken, as their auction went awesome for them!

Donuts are only bad for the tires...not even that bad if the pavement is wet laugh

kb58
kb58 SuperDork
7/8/22 9:55 a.m.

One of the underbidders (as BaT calls them) told me the car he's become interested in after losing out on Midlana. That auction ends today, so being a student of human nature, I'll watch his involvement.

On a related note, you can look up the history of any BaT bidder to see what they have, and are, bidding on, and how much they bid. It's really insightful to see the different personality types. Some show up for one auction, win it, and they're done. Others seem to use BaT as entertainment, with a bidding history that's rather manic, bidding on multiple cars as the same time, running prices way up, yet hardly ever (or never) winning anything. It's unclear whether they lose interest, know what cars are worth and stop short, get distracted by another "shiny penny", or if it's just for the excitement and amusement. I can't help but wonder if it's  a personality type that BaT tends to collect, people with both a lot of spare cash - and ADD!

Oh well, it is what it is and I've beaten this to death. As mentioned, it's looking more and more like there'll be another go in the coming weeks :)

Slippery
Slippery PowerDork
7/8/22 9:59 a.m.

In reply to kb58 :

If you looked at my bidding history on BAT you would have a seizure. 

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones Dork
7/8/22 10:27 a.m.
Slippery said:

In reply to kb58 :

If you looked at my bidding history on BAT you would have a seizure. 

Mine too, I'll usually put a bid in so it alerts me when it's close to ending.  At that point if it's higher than I think it's worth, I won't bid.  If not, I'll bid to my max as it's ending, but stop when I reach it, so I have an odd history when you look too.

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
7/8/22 11:17 a.m.

^^^ Has bid on nearly every AMC for the past 3 years and half the 996 Turbos

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zFn13ZdGdsEMM02zY1KZVfBcMoQaQtYsnKDpfUjlu3UInrD6aIZX12M7awWDMTH1