lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
10/13/15 9:29 a.m.

Long story, but now I find myself with 2 motorcycle powered racecars sitting in the shop and need to get rid of one. I am posting both cars here and on several websites and will keep whichever one doesn't sell. They are both great cars but one has to go. Would be a great Solo I, Solo 2 or hillclimb toy.

This is the information from the previous owner.

The Prince SR-5 has been configured for B-Mod autocross / Solo II. It is an 80" wheelbase car, 60" overall width and is right at minimum weight. Most all the hard work is done. Some details remain, but it is a VERY solid car.

1989 Prince SR5 DSR (one of one) Includes homologation certificate and logbooks to day one). Some history and original pix at http://sports.racer.net/index1.html and look for Prince SR-5. 2002 Yamaha YZF R1 w/Power Commander V & Auto Tune (car comes with spare complete low mile motor as well) New Taylor Racing Torsen type limited slip differential & mount (original spool type diff included w/car) Wheels: 3 pc modular of unknown manufacturer, 6” F, 8” R – spare set of steel wheels (same sizes) included Koni Shocks New molded plastic “enduro fuel cell” installed by P.O. New AGM battery this year New JSP carbon dual plane wing. Includes misc spare suspension pieces (and stuff) along with original rear wing and mounts.

Pat Prince tells me he still has all the drawings and can reproduce parts for tha car if needed. Car was weighed last year and was at minimum with 200 lb driver and full tank of fuel. Over the winter the engine was lowered and moved to the left and forward. Also, as much wiring and misc components were moved to the left side of the car for better balance (Right Hand drive but with RH shifting as well). I have not had the car back on the scales this year.

Will need a once-over and tires for next season, but it ran successfully this past year in Ohio. Not pretty, but a quick car.

I traded for this car and need to get $13,000 for it. Anyone looking for a new auto-x car for next season?

Link to pictures. http://s31.photobucket.com/user/w650gb500/library/Prince%20SR-5%20sports%20racer?sort=3&page=1

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
12/2/15 7:29 a.m.

Nobody is looking for a B-Mod auto-x car? With some fresh sticky tires and suspension set-up, it should be an FTD contender.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
12/2/15 8:26 a.m.

There is a direct correlation between my funds and the cars available. I am recently unemployed, so this shows up. When I hit the lottery tonight, this car and every other cool car on the planet will mysteriously disappear. Always happens.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
1/5/16 3:37 p.m.

I've yet to be able to find time to begin working on this car. Life is very busy the last few months and the new shop is 40 minutes from our house.

Price reduced to $12,000.

simontibbett
simontibbett Reader
1/10/16 12:16 p.m.

Such a good deal, wish I had the money, I'd make it legal for road racing again and run some vintage!

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim UltimaDork
1/10/16 1:20 p.m.

You mentioned it's configured for Auto-X, what would it/does it take to configured for track use?

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
1/10/16 8:52 p.m.

To be 1000% honest, I'm not sure as I just purchased the car. From looking at it, really the only thing that I see would be a GCR legal fuel cell, appropriate gearing(rear sprocket) and current belts . The car was originally built as a roadrace car and campaigned successfully as such for many years. It wasn't until the last few years that it became an dedicated auto-x car.

More info on the car:

https://sportsracernet.smugmug.com/Cars/Prince/1991-SR5

kulddy
kulddy New Reader
1/18/16 8:17 p.m.

What's the other car?

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
1/18/16 10:00 p.m.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/open-classifieds/mine-also-lola-t644e-formula-ford-with-gsxr-1000-conversion-to-f1000-fs-fb-or-solo/106676/page1/

I need to get rid of one, or both! I still have the V-8 Miata and turbo rotary Rotus to play with.

fasted58
fasted58 UltimaDork
1/19/16 7:54 a.m.

Prince builds some damn good cars. Thought this was the car I was thinkin' about then I looked on the sports racer site and yes it is. MacDonald campaigned this car and made the Runoffs through the 90's w/ it. This chassis started out w/ a FZR 1000 engine.

Back in '89 had been lookin' around for an engine to replace the two stroke Ocelot in my DSR. Between the advice of Mac's camp and Billy Tally of Don Vesco's shop I was sold on the FZR. It did not disappoint. Little did I know how the MC engine horsepower wars would escalate after that.

If you haven't driven a MC powered sports racer or formula car you don't know what the berkeley you're missing. Drive one and you'll be hooked.

Just like that Lola F1000 this car would make a good school/ regional/ rental car if you're into road racing. Lotta fun and won't drive ya broke.

I still wanna turbo that GSXR in the Lola and track it.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
1/26/16 9:24 p.m.

I had someone come and look at the car this weekend and we tried to determine who might be able to fit in it. I'm 5'8", 225# and a 30" inseam. I fit but my legs/feet come up a bit shy of being comfortable depressing the pedals. He was 6'4", 220# with a 34"+ inseam and his legs are too long to fit in the car.

We concluded that a 30"-32" inseam would be the best fit in the car. Obviously pedals can be moved back a bit for us shorter drivers, but not forward. If you are taller and have a longer inseam, the seat back panel can easily be reconfigured to be set more upright. If necessary, I have an 1-3/8" die set for my bender and can add a simple extension of top of the roll hoop so that a taller driver could pass the "broomstick test".

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
2/9/16 9:38 p.m.

In an attempt to move one of the current cars, I'm going to reduce the price and hope to find it a new home.

$12,000 cash and you can begin climbing the ranks of the local B-Mod fields.

I would also be willing to sell it without the spare R-1 motor for $11,000 cash.

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
4/12/16 8:55 p.m.

BUMP

Open to trade offers or a cash offer. I would like to find this one a new home. Too many toys, not enough $$$ or time.................

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
5/12/16 7:52 a.m.

Auto-X season is here, anybody looking for a new ride????

Open to offers with or without the spare motor.

Trades????

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
5/12/16 8:03 a.m.

BMX decal adds 11% torqpower at the spoiler. Free bump!

lotusseven7
lotusseven7 New Reader
8/20/16 12:49 p.m.

Sold..

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3cRuFFPRz1Bf7KUcfFDp0UREtY0A5xSkNtSxrrrgUBoJ327EDlxEVDK03TMyq95a