1 2 3
singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/2/21 2:02 p.m.

I have several motorcycles and a Toyota Starlet that need to leave. 

1986 Kawasaki KLR 250. Good overall condition. New Kawasaki carb, needs adjustment. Titled. I don't know what these are worth or what old dirt bikes are going for. Throw me an offer but this is the closest thing to sellable to this one may get fixed and put on marketplace. 

Purchased by Basicburton 2004 Honda Interceptor that I got from pres589 (djronnebaum). Complete but somewhat disassembled. I think that he was chasing an electrical issue when he decided to move it along. I stole this from a post of his. Titled

"2004 VFR800 in Italian Red and bodywork is pretty good but not great.  Sargent seat, electrical issues, had the forks rebuilt about 10k miles before it was taken off the road and sprung + valved for a rider weight of around 200lbs.  Rear shock is a CBR929 unit sprung for same weight (I think the spring is actually too stiff as I could not get sag & free weight numbers right, would suggest trying a different spring).  Aftermarket stator because it's a stupid VTEC VFR so it's eaten a couple of stators over the years.  Current one has maybe 5k miles on it so it's good for at least another 10k.  Peg drop blocks and bar lift spacers for a little more stretch out room.  56k miles."

2004 (I think) Triumph Tiger 955i. ~42k miles and ran great until it didn't was left outside in a rain storm and and now I can't get it to turn over. Likely something simple but I haven't messed with it enough to know for sure. Complete with bags for the right price (not much but I will see the bags separately if needed). Titled

Purchased by Mr. Lee 1989 Honda Hawk GT. ~8k miles. Ran pretty good but then ethanol gas struck and I can't get the front carb to flow. It was a track bike before I got it. It has high pegs and low bars. Insanely fun to rid but needs finishing to get back on the street. Titled

I have a 2001 Triumph ST 955i that I took apart to build a locost that never happened. It ran good when I got it and could likely be reassembled but it is in many boxes right now. Titled (I think)

Lastly is a 1981 Toyota Starlet that has been gutted with the intention of a challenge car. It is RUSTY but if you want to make a chassis and need a body to drap on it, this is your car. This is free. I prefer it to go to a challenger but someone come get it to save me the trip to the scrap yard. Titled. 

Since most of these are projects, make me an offer. 

wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L)
wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) UberDork
5/2/21 2:12 p.m.

So much good stuff. I'm not the guy, but here's a bump that hopefully the guy will see.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/2/21 2:39 p.m.

The only LOGICAL solution is to use both 955i rear halves side by side in the starlet.

And boy oh boy am I conflicted that I made it out of there before commiting to something like this.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/2/21 3:06 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

One of the 955i engines will probably end up being kept for a BEC in that doorless MR2 behind the house. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
5/2/21 5:56 p.m.

The original Hawk GT was one of my favorite bikes ever.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/2/21 6:18 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

It is one that I never want to sell but I am not so interested in street driving and if I do a track day it isn't going to be on a bike so it should go to someone who will love it. 

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
5/2/21 7:50 p.m.

Starlet drapped over a SXS would be a hell of a toy. Little too far for me however.

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
5/2/21 8:13 p.m.

Sooo much want, no time to go get them or to play with em. I hate adulting.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/2/21 8:28 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Yeah, that is what led to this list. I need to consolidate so I can ACTUALLY fix up one or two things. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) UltimaDork
5/2/21 9:37 p.m.

The VFR engine swapped into the Hawk chassis might be interesting... someone with the TIG skills could in theory make this happen.

All the Hawk needed was 100 HP and what feels like mild turbo lag, right?

Mr. Lee
Mr. Lee PowerDork
5/2/21 9:39 p.m.

Oh if you were closer we'd still be talking about the hawk, tiger, and klr. MIL would throw a hissy, but after the last 48 hours I'm about to tell her she can go take a long walk off a short pier. It's the time to transport thing. I know I could burn up and back in a weekend, but stringing two days off together is difficult right now.

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/2/21 9:49 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Lee :

Order a Pod shipping container to my house, I will cram it full and send it away. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/2/21 9:51 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

That is likely a 30%+ increase in power so I support that idea. 

iansane
iansane HalfDork
5/3/21 10:58 a.m.

Oh man. This is tempting. I have a friend in Arkansas that could hold some of this.

I can't tell because my work blocks them, but do you have pictures of the hawk and the starlet?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/3/21 11:11 a.m.

I know you probably want to sell this stuff off in fewer transactions, but I did just want to mention that ebay motors is an excellent place to part out bikes, and if you're willing to take the time to do it you will probably make a lot more. I was pleasantly surprised with a lot of my gsxr stuff (like that fuel pump, holy moly!) and motorcycle stuff is small enough to easily ship, unlike many car parts. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/3/21 11:13 a.m.

In reply to iansane :

There isn't but they are both rough. The starlet is gutted and missing the hood. The Hawk had the tail fall apart and the headlight assemble is incomplete. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/3/21 11:14 a.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

It will likely come to that on some of this but I would like at least part of the bikes to leave whole with a chance at restoration (Hawk GT!).

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/3/21 7:29 p.m.

Some Craigslist quality photos for everyone 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/3/21 7:32 p.m.

e13h
e13h New Reader
5/4/21 8:00 p.m.

How quickly do you need these sold. Like mentioned before the biggest issue is the time constraint to transport them back.

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/4/21 8:32 p.m.

The starlet is giving me many "evel" thoughts... but Lower Alabam' is a long way away. However, a friend did just deliver my "new" K75S over the weekend, all the way from Pine Bluff MO -  and I sent him home with a parts buell I had in my wife's way... and I found a few more parts for him. he also has some parts from his brother coming my way. So MO is a little closer right now than usual.

Without any markings, I am not honda literate enough to be sure... you have pictures of two red bikes; one with bare al. trees, and one with black. The black triple tree bike looks slimmer, so assume Hawk GT? that's a 650 if I'm not mistaken?

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/4/21 11:06 p.m.

In reply to 03Panther :

That is correct. The first picture is the vfr and the second is a Hawk GT NT650. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/4/21 11:08 p.m.

In reply to e13h :

Not in a hurry. Most of this isn't Craigslist/marketplace material. If il these doesn't get sold eventually I will break them for parts. 

singleslammer
singleslammer PowerDork
5/4/21 11:10 p.m.

So I have a specific trade I'm looking for! 

someone bring me a short wheelbase man van. Not an Astro or Aerostar. A 1/2 ton plus van that I can make a functional hot rod. Just needs to have a title and not be a rusty POS as all the ones around me are. 

03Panther
03Panther UltraDork
5/5/21 1:31 a.m.
singleslammer said:

So I have a specific trade I'm looking for! 

someone bring me a short wheelbase man van. Not an Astro or Aerostar. A 1/2 ton plus van that I can make a functional hot rod. Just needs to have a title and not be a rusty POS as all the ones around me are. 

But the Astro IS a 1/2 ton +,  short wheel base van. surprise the aerostar, not so much. It really is a mini van. The Astro is just a slightly narrower short wheelbase chevy van. But I do know what 'cha mean.

I like the looks of the full size short Chevy better, myself. And I'm a big fan of the Astro's/Safari's. Don't write 'em off completely though, - A SBC drops right in as easy as a stock replacement, and I've been told its actually A LOT easier to remove/install than the full size!

I've started to hot rod a few, but never followed through. I have towed a 6000lb 26' camper around the country with em, though. And I have one that the trans is already mildly built, that SWMBO would love to see gone (it was gonna get a LT1 one day, and then the T56 and some more HP). Although it is getting a bit of coolant in the exhaust, It would drive to MO without missing a beat. Not the right look, but they have a huge following for V8 swaps, and there is a lot of LS swapped ones out there.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
va8WbC1h4MxanjBQS1feFwkv3vqGjxThZ7SFwD8jPAi2sYvkgd9g90xwvAnALkHU