Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/6/19 7:22 a.m.

Looks nice, has a bunch of new parts, but won’t stay running. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
2/6/19 8:18 a.m.

Those are 1 million times more attractive than my Accord. sad

johndej
johndej HalfDork
2/6/19 8:20 a.m.

Love these cars! Only thing that could be better would be a hatchback :).

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/6/19 8:44 a.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

Those are 1 million times more attractive than my Accord. sad

But yours is actually fast. Truthfully I like the styling of yours way better than the bland econobox style of this era. 

128racecar
128racecar Reader
2/6/19 7:16 p.m.

Interesting- I had an 88 Accord 4 speed LXi I bought new that had the same running issue at 150K miles. After multiple trips to the dealer, it turned out to be a bad ECU.

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
2/7/19 5:29 a.m.

In reply to 128racecar :

Wow, I would have expected a vacuum leak just based on the miles of vacuum lines Honda used in this era. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Mod Squad
2/7/19 6:10 a.m.

interesting, I assume it's pretty easy to swap these over to MegaSquirt?

having learned to drive on an '82 sedan which was bought at the same day as an '82 hatch... I have a soft spot for these era cars.  If I ever get enough space, I'll probably tick off sleepywife and drag one home

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/7/19 7:05 p.m.
sleepyhead said:

interesting, I assume it's pretty easy to swap these over to MegaSquirt?

having learned to drive on an '82 sedan which was bought at the same day as an '82 hatch... I have a soft spot for these era cars.  If I ever get enough space, I'll probably tick off sleepywife and drag one home

DUDE have you ever SEEN the carb (everything but the LXi special edition EXi) routing diagram!? MAN if I'd known about MegaSquirt, I might still have my '86 DX hatchback. It's the car I learned to work on cars with.

I ended up with most of the set at one time or another:

86 DX

87 LXi

88 LX

89 Prelude (almost the same) :)

grover
grover HalfDork
2/11/19 8:59 p.m.
128racecar said:

Interesting- I had an 88 Accord 4 speed LXi I bought new that had the same running issue at 150K miles. After multiple trips to the dealer, it turned out to be a bad ECU.

Also had a manual 88 LX-i, still one of my favorite cars. It has a power moonroof, power locks, power windows and lasted forever. Miss that thing. 

P3PPY
P3PPY Reader
2/12/19 6:11 p.m.

Ah HA! Here's the vacuum routing diagram sticker that was under the hood.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PqiYQkFBDz43AGtntmvtKnppb9OEKCyKBBOTWGesBiqk7SWCRmkuhJ2kEDahM1NQ