¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
4/19/19 7:49 a.m.

This is down the street from me, asking $3800:

It looks really clean, and is manual transmission.  I can pass along the seller's contact info, look at it for you, probably even store it- PM me if interested.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/19/19 8:28 a.m.

Too. Many. Cars. Must. Re. Sist. angry

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
4/19/19 8:34 a.m.

Damn! 4 eyes, 2 door, manual AND panasports? 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
4/19/19 1:05 p.m.

In reply to Ian F :

I'll store this one for free but you have to leave the keys and never check the odometer.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
4/19/19 1:06 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

It's an old Volvo. The odometer probably doesn't work.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/19/19 8:49 p.m.
Ian F said:

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

It's an old Volvo. The odometer probably doesn't work.

It broke on its third trip around.  

M3racer
M3racer New Reader
4/24/19 2:42 p.m.

Location?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
4/24/19 2:42 p.m.

In reply to M3racer :

Quakertown, PA

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
4/25/19 8:13 p.m.

I'm pretending to not see this. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
5/7/19 9:23 a.m.

Bump because it's still down the street, taunting me every time I drive by.

MrChaos
MrChaos Dork
5/7/19 5:40 p.m.

Why dont you build this to replace the Merkur?

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
5/7/19 7:56 p.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Bump because it's still down the street, taunting me every time I drive by.

Have you stopped to look at it?  

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UberDork
5/8/19 6:01 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

Yes, although I haven't met the owner.  Looks clean, some high quality aftermarket parts here and there- I think it has been well taken care of.

captdownshift
captdownshift PowerDork
5/9/19 10:15 a.m.

I may have been viewing 16v turbo swapped redblock videos on the YouTubes after GRM live last night. 

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/9/19 11:07 a.m.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Yes, although I haven't met the owner.  Looks clean, some high quality aftermarket parts here and there- I think it has been well taken care of.

Those look like real Minilite wheels. Those cost damn near 1/3 the asking price alone - and a bit of a PITA to find in the 5x108 20mm (ish) offset pattern.  

rudes333
rudes333
5/9/19 1:57 p.m.

Someone please buy this!

irish44j
irish44j MegaDork
5/12/19 7:48 p.m.
Ian F said:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Those look like real Minilite wheels. Those cost damn near 1/3 the asking price alone - and a bit of a PITA to find in the 5x108 20mm (ish) offset pattern.  

Could just as easily be Australian Superlites. I've had a couple sets and they're almost identical (and can be gotten pretty inexpensively new, in virtually any offset/bolt pattern/lip depth, etc.). The perfectly-polished lips make me think that's what they probably are, but who knows.

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
5/13/19 6:48 a.m.

In reply to irish44j :

Possible, but I'm somewhat familiar with these wheels via the 1800ES (same bolt pattern) and Superlites and Panasports have a slightly different spoke and hub profile.  Looking at the Superlite catalog, it doesn't look like the spokes tuck in as much on any of the wheels like the ones pictured do. Which was a characteristic of Minilites. I also just remembered the 240 was originally fitted with 14" wheels, and the spokes do tuck in a bit more. The profile also varies quite a bit depending on the width and offset, so pictures on websites are not always accurate to what a particular car will use.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6NAUtFvjw1YvOsydyP0csGGCZiQTSXeUkJMLACe1nyI15Y9TDMR1GCGgBNxUsUlW