sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
12/30/20 4:00 a.m.

So, a shop that I 'grew up' around, is closing down.  I think the owner's going to try and get his own projects running again, and doesn't want the distraction of running the business.  As such, it looks like he's beginning to try and thin the herd of cars sitting out behind the shop.

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/cto/d/sterling-vintage-jaguar-xjs-1977/7242289612.html

will 2021 be the year of the Jaguar at GRM Challenge?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
12/30/20 8:15 a.m.

I wonder why all the 12 cylinder XJS I see for sale aren't running but all the 8 cylinder ones are?

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/30/20 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

the 8 cylinder ones are more powerful too. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/30/20 11:14 a.m.

oh man, that has potential.  I wonder how trashed the interior is...  Anyone able to put eyes on it? 

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo Mod Squad
12/30/20 11:21 a.m.

Not that you can fly and drive it, but it's sitting ~5 mins away from Dulles airport.

I've got an email in to Rob about other stuff.  If he replies, I'll see about getting some interior pics.

golfduke
golfduke Dork
12/30/20 11:36 a.m.

Thanks... I have mild interest.  It's rough for sure.  but could be worth salvaging...?

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
12/31/20 12:54 a.m.
Stampie (FS) said:

I wonder why all the 12 cylinder XJS I see for sale aren't running but all the 8 cylinder ones are?

You just cant help spinning Frenchyd up, can ya? expecting tons of paragraphs, now...

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/4/21 12:43 a.m.

I know of this one which is local to me for the same price. V12, not running, of course. He won't sell me the wheels and steering wheel crying

ebelements
ebelements Reader
1/4/21 2:34 p.m.
yupididit said:

He won't sell me the wheels and steering wheel crying

At that price you're still getting a deal on both, but with a free Jag attached.

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/4/21 3:11 p.m.
ebelements said:
yupididit said:

He won't sell me the wheels and steering wheel crying

At that price you're still getting a deal on both, but with a free Jag attached.

Totally. That one is a much better deal just by pictured rust alone. The 5 wheels are icing on the cake lol. If that was near me I'd be hard pressed not to buy it to put all 5 wheels and the V12 into my XJ!

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/4/21 3:29 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I already have a v12 xjs in that exact color. I don't need or want 2 lol. 

clutchsmoke
clutchsmoke UltraDork
1/4/21 8:08 p.m.

Fffffffuuuuuuuuuu.   I love those wheels. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
1/5/21 10:47 a.m.
yupididit said:

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

I already have a v12 xjs in that exact color. I don't need or want 2 lol. 

...But I want one... If you can somehow find some roller wheels and another steering wheel to install back on, I'd be willing to throw some money in for the shell, you keep the wheels and steering wheel.  You may just have to store this pile until I can come get it, dpeending on where your 'local' is.

...just saying...  

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
1/5/21 11:18 a.m.

In reply to golfduke :

Texas bro lol. 

I offered him my stock wheels + steering wheel + cash. He said he'll let me know. I think he really wants to sell it whole. 

golfduke
golfduke Dork
1/5/21 11:20 a.m.

oof.  That's a long drive for an XJS shell, as clean as it looks, haha. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WeFAnlWtnnQkxqu25xyZtzUoZDRq9Mx5oamaREbyhJ3ByUp1sZ0nHDwElkrBlLRr