trucke
trucke SuperDork
9/18/20 7:49 a.m.

Time to part with my FX16.  I will make the price more challenge friendly to an interested GRMer.  I'm the original owner, so this includes a North Carolina title and Bill of Sale.

FX16 For Sale

From it's heyday.  Solo II Nationals Salina, KS 1991.

steamcorners
steamcorners Reader
9/18/20 8:14 a.m.

Any idea why (besides the fuel tank) it isn't running? I'm somewhat interested...

trucke
trucke SuperDork
9/18/20 8:25 a.m.

It was parked in 2001.  Lost compression and would no longer move under it's own power.   I just bought a house and started a family so it never got the attention I intended to provide.  The gas tank was removed to weld in some panels in the inner rear fender arches.  Never got to that either.  It includes the headlights and grill.

I have another FX16 and a parts car, so I refrained from removing parts from this one.  There is a Kirk Racing Rollbar installed.  The rear hoops need to be triangulated to meet the current GCR's.  The transmission was just starting to exhibit the 5th gear pop-out.

Will include a factory maintenance manual.  

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
9/18/20 10:47 a.m.

I love these cars.  I hope it goes to somebody that will do it some justice.

03Panther
03Panther Dork
9/18/20 9:38 p.m.

I'm not familiar at all with the sporty package toyotas. Looks like a lot of fun. Is it RWD? I've had a number of fwd E36 M3 boxes since the late 70's, but never did warm up to 'em.

GIRTHQUAKE
GIRTHQUAKE Dork
9/19/20 9:01 a.m.
03Panther said:

I'm not familiar at all with the sporty package toyotas. Looks like a lot of fun. Is it RWD? I've had a number of fwd E36 M3 boxes since the late 70's, but never did warm up to 'em.

Front wheel drive. They were the first to use the 4A-FE, the fuel efficient head of the 4A-GE.  If the 84-87 Corolla is RWD 4A and the AW11 MR2 is RWD 4A, this is the FWD version of those. Shares lots of parts from them, still has a serious fanbase (though club 4A is in the running for one of the worst forums I've ever been on, including some anonymous message boards).

psteav (Forum Supporter)
psteav (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/19/20 10:12 a.m.
GIRTHQUAKE said:
03Panther said:

Front wheel drive. They were the first to use the 4A-FE, the fuel efficient head of the 4A-GE.  If the 84-87 Corolla is RWD 4A and the AW11 MR2 is RWD 4A, this is the FWD version of those. Shares lots of parts from them, still has a serious fanbase (though club 4A is in the running for one of the worst forums I've ever been on, including some anonymous message boards).

I believe the FX16 GT-S (like this one) got the actual 4A-GE, but there are head differences from the early 4As that make it a little less of a high-rpm screamer.  I think.  Been a looong time since I read up on these.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F2tuCNp1fp00ALwWr8QmKVLJ1E68KzT2Ddd9MMruOl0iFnBH1qmRLay9kxjhGdt9