borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/3/17 9:01 p.m.

Hi everyone, mine and directly affiliated!

I am selling my pair of Miatas. One is a BRG 1991. Has a really nice glass window soft top, newish Koni STR.T with stock springs, decent Sony headunit with decent Sony door speakers, new rear main seal, a bunch of urethane bushings, new Cooper tires on Daisy wheels, lightweight flywheel, braided SS brake lines, cover for when the top is down, larger sway bars, plus a bunch of other stuff I'm sure I am forgetting. In short, it runs great, it is the strongest 1.6 Miata I've ever driven, has a proper manual rack, no AC, no airbag (RX7 wheel). I drive it to work every so often, and have brought it to my local autocross. The bad is that it has some rocker rust, and the previous owner pulled the interior and painted everything tan. I still hate tan. This didn't help.

It comes with a ton of spare parts: A set of lowering springs on KYB shocks, uninstalled timing belt kit, H4 headlights, Hard Dog rollbar, 1 set of daisies with really nice snow tires (never drove a Miata in the snow, they were given to me), a set of daisies with crap tires, a set of 15" NB wheels without tires, a a ton of black interior parts (I don't like tan for some reaason), and a bunch of parts that came with the other Miata. Here's the post of the other one I am offering: Other Miata

That car is almost exactly how I got it, except for the rims.I gave them to a friend for helping me to move it. I did get to work on that car a little. I extracted the stereo equipment from it, as it actually didn't work anyhow. I also managed to get it to run, mostly. I took the cover off the gas tank and discovered an orange sludge inside. So I bought a new tank with pump and all that. I hooked it up (I didn't get to install it though) and got it to idle and respond to blips of throttle. It runs good with starter fluid, so that leads me to believe it needs the injectors cleaned or replaced. The top on that car isn't bad, but isn't great. It has been stored in my garage.

I really want to build the white car into something awesome, but I just don't have the funds or the time.

I'm sure I am missing many details, so feel free to shoot me any questions you'd have.

Price Drop: Just make me an offer I can't refuse. I am in need of wheels and tires for my 2003 Toyota Matrix, and could be worked into the deal.

Thanks for reading, Nate

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UltraDork
6/4/17 8:50 a.m.

Is that tan paint poking out from the door jambs? If so that is really strange. Otherwise I think you have the basis for one probably fairly solid Miata there. Might be a good father son project. Your fairly close by too, hmmm.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/4/17 9:21 a.m.

Yeah, that is the tan paint on the door jams. Seems the previous owner made quite a few questionable mods, which Wonko and I have spent many hours fixing. The car is kinda ugly, but it is pretty well sorted now. If you want, I am free most evenings after work. I am right off the highway in Windsor. Worst case, it would be cool to meet another GRMer in the area! Swing by and make an offer if you're serious. I may even be able to assist with transporting the white car if needed.

dan87951
dan87951 New Reader
6/4/17 10:44 a.m.

If only I had the room! (already own 7 cars)

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/4/17 11:09 a.m.

I hear ya! I'm at 4, which is the magic number to cause problems arranging the parking in my driveway.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/5/17 7:16 a.m.

Couple things I forgot to mention (I knew I forgot stuff). I have upgraded to 1.8 brakes as well as had a brand new windshield installed. The diff is a viscous unit. Despite the rust on the rockers, this car is super easy to work on. I even removed the exhaust and replaced it with another without having to cut bolts. The car had the cat removed, and when I bought it, CT required me to bring it through emissions. Passed with flying colors, and never has to go through again.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
6/5/17 8:05 a.m.

Dang, this is a good deal. Especially if the hard top is included.

Unfortunately, I don't have the space and logistics of getting them home would be interesting.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/5/17 2:37 p.m.

Indeed, the hardtop is included. It functions perfectly, but it is a bit rough. With this sale, you get everything Miata related that I have. It's only a 6 hour drive. I have the titles for both cars waiting for the next owner! Bring a friend and a trailer. Someone drives the green car back and someone drives the truck full of parts with the white car on the trailer. I am an enabler.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
6/5/17 2:58 p.m.

And I have a car trailer too....

Unfortunately funds are a little low, as is space. (I spent some time yesterday arranging my garage so I had enough room to work while also storing everything. Maybe in a few months (lol, not like I'll have more space by then...) but hopefully you'll have sold everything by then.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
6/5/17 2:59 p.m.

Unless I talk dad into storage under the pretenses of fixing the one up for C-dude....

Paging GSMITH.

3MiataFamily
3MiataFamily
6/5/17 3:44 p.m.

how can I contact you?

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/5/17 5:53 p.m.

Hmmm, yeah, I guess contact info would help. I'm around to chat tonight, so if you email me your number, I will give you a call. borf42 at gmail

Thanks, Nate

3MiataFamily
3MiataFamily New Reader
6/6/17 3:33 p.m.

email sent this morning...

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/6/17 3:53 p.m.

In reply to 3MiataFamily:

Got it. Will give you a ring when I get home from work.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/7/17 8:26 p.m.

Oh, this Miata starter fleet is still here waiting for a new home. Does anyone want to see any specific pics or anything?

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/10/17 12:03 p.m.

Price Drop: $2500 firm.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
6/10/17 6:56 p.m.

Can you send detailed photos of the hardtop? Specifically the rough parts. I'm in Connecticut and I have a trailer.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/10/17 9:16 p.m.

Hi Woody,

There are two things wrong with the hardtop. One is the back window is busted. It is still sealed, but it will eventually need to be replaced. I was going to buy the plexiglass kit I found for $100. The other is that the bracket that attaches to the frankenstien bolt on the passenger side is missing. Otherwise, the fiberglass is in really nice shape, and its paint even managed to stay on. It kinda looks like my BRG Miata is wearing a baseball cap. You can see the defects in this pic, but I can get some better ones in the morning if needed...

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/11/17 12:31 p.m.

Here's a couple of hardtop pics:

Inside:

Outside:

I still have the inside headliner, it would just need to be glued back in. The glue is why it isn't shiny on the inside...

Thanks, Nate

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
6/12/17 7:21 a.m.
Woody wrote: Can you send detailed photos of the hardtop? Specifically the rough parts. I'm in Connecticut and I have a trailer.

I'm in PA and I also have a hard top for sale. Pretty nice condition aside from some paint chipping.

Not to thread jack, but in case you were looking for one more complete.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/14/17 2:15 p.m.

Still available, I could work with a trade as well. Bored with your car, need the "answer"? How about a pair of "answers"?!?

Has to be a manual as I want an autocross car that can be driven to work sometimes. Has to have a roof. Not a big convertable fan, I guess. Worst I can say is no...

borf42
borf42 New Reader
6/16/17 12:38 p.m.

Couple more things to add, it does have a new clutch master and slave cylinders. The tombstone is one of those new aftermarket ones, and not a brittle original.

borf42
borf42 New Reader
8/17/17 5:07 p.m.

Not all that firm on the price anymore. My buddy sold his RX-8, so I think I am just going to race my Matrix instead. So make me an offer if you are really interested. I installed the rollbar, and I am pretty sure it needs an alignment.

AWSX1686
AWSX1686 HalfDork
8/17/17 6:41 p.m.

PM sent.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6oDVSQE4BuEYdJZsL4e06QCRRlMPeaCNzfXnPpVLNxUyU7HWN08ForLiUR9lu5a8