Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
9/12/19 2:06 p.m.
Ransom
Ransom UltimaDork
9/12/19 2:13 p.m.

Panoz body on not-Panoz chassis? Not sure how to interpret the ad text...

RedGT
RedGT Dork
9/12/19 2:41 p.m.
Ransom said:

Panoz body on not-Panoz chassis? Not sure how to interpret the ad text...

Panoz body on tube frame/custom built chassis.  Like how a purpose built drag car or circle track car is - you gotta hang some kind of body on it!

slowbird
slowbird Reader
9/12/19 2:44 p.m.

The body looks like one from the racing school they had. I wonder if that is just the "custom" chassis built by Panoz for that race car in the first place...or not...I don't know if those cars were tube-frame or based on the road car unibody.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panoz#Panoz_Racing_School_and_series

stuart in mn
stuart in mn MegaDork
9/21/19 10:21 p.m.
slowbird said:

The body looks like one from the racing school they had. I wonder if that is just the "custom" chassis built by Panoz for that race car in the first place...or not...I don't know if those cars were tube-frame or based on the road car unibody.

This is one of those cars - my cousin had one years ago, they did have a tube frame.  There's a website with a little information about them: http://panozgtra.com/default.htm

boxedfox
boxedfox Reader
9/22/19 9:23 p.m.

That's a pretty good deal for a Panoz GT-RA.  Good runners usually go for twice that. Wonder how much work it needs for it to be fully race ready.

Fueled by Caffeine
9/30/19 5:58 a.m.

Still up. For $8900 now.  

motomoron
motomoron SuperDork
9/30/19 10:27 p.m.

That's a Panoz school car. There were a bunch left when they folded the tent at Road A years ago. As it's a real racing car, it doesn't need a VIN number.

It may need a certificate of origin or homologation papers to be issued an SCCA logbook, though in SCCA club racing I see a couple running in the big bore group. 

Wire Wheel Classics always seems to have a few for sale, and probably spares. 

That's a neat racing car for $9k

Fueled by Caffeine
4/17/20 6:09 a.m.

Car is still on facebook marketplace. Says hell take $8k and pay half shipping. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/17/20 7:30 a.m.

I bet he'll take $2k and deliver anywhere in the US for $6k.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
70B3trSkFhfYwojNmcWdBBBgUfNa3Hosv5HhIz1BayEopln2jg3AX0wxy0zzkJSK