t25torx
t25torx Dork
5/23/22 5:27 p.m.

SOLD! 

Evening everyone.  Wow, has it really been 6 years since I last posted here? Untreated depression is a real bitch it seems, and I've not spent any of those last 6 years working on this car. After moving back to Nashville in 2016 and then getting distracted with the 'vette project and the Mustang 'vert this one got mothballed. Then I stopped wanting to work on anything.  Just no desire to do anything with cars, or anything else really for that matter. Things are getting better though, and my motivation is coming back. But I still have two other project cars I'd rather work on, so this one needs to go. 

The Build log can be found here (forum link).

The Car.

1965 Factory Five Daytona Coupe. Registered and Titled.  It was a complete running car till the previous owner put it in the wall at Roebling Road. I purchased it off racingjunk.com in 2015.

I have replaced the front clip with a brand new unit and have all the rest of the parts to complete the rebuild minus the windshield. It's been sitting for the last 6 years in the garage still taped up from the trip. The inside is full of parts from the trip right now. 

I don't have the original ad photos, or the details now of some of the components used in it unfortunately, so I may miss some things here. The shocks are the upgraded Gordon Levy Koni's, and the one damaged in the wreck has been rebuilt by ProParts a certified rebuilder with a new shell and piston rod. I know the rear end is a nice Gordon Levy 5 link unit, unsure of the ratio, but it's probably in the mountain of paperwork I have for it. Rear Glass kit and still have the lexan version frame. Overall it would not take much for someone with motivation to get this one completed, the heavy lift has been done.

What would it take to get it running again? Money and patience, lol. 

1. Windshield
  2. Steering Rack
  3. Engine/Transmission and all associated cooling/wiring/fuel lines in the front. Currently setup for small block Ford right now. 
  4. Small ancillary stuff.

I'm asking $12,500. about $5000 less than a new kit that doesn't have all the upgrades on this car and less than what i have in it for sure. I want to try and get down to one project, so I might actually enjoy wrenching on something again. 

Photos from before the move

As it currently sits.

gumby
gumby Dork
5/23/22 5:40 p.m.

Oh that is ridiculously tempting....

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/23/22 5:46 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

You need this in your life. 

gumby
gumby Dork
5/23/22 6:22 p.m.
bobzilla said:

In reply to gumby :

Authority has been granted. PM has been sent.

t25torx
t25torx Dork
5/23/22 6:35 p.m.
gumby said:
bobzilla said:

In reply to gumby :

Authority has been granted. PM has been sent.

lul - PM replied. 

gumby
gumby Dork
5/23/22 7:18 p.m.

This is not the traditional BDT path. I blame Patrick. Paying up front to save himself labor and heartache and time has inspired me!

Daytona Coupe is second only to Pantera on my list of dream cars. Now I need to sell my Fauxrrari kit...

nocones
nocones PowerDork
5/23/22 7:33 p.m.

In reply to gumby :

The BDT is still here for it

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
5/23/22 7:48 p.m.

Dang it. This is dream car material for me, too. Hard to believe you haven't posted here for that long and I'm sorry to hear you're battling with the black dog. Hopefully selling off this project will help. 

put me in line behind Gumby but it sounds like he's sure on this one. Teach me to go fishing with the kids! Hehe

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/23/22 8:11 p.m.
gumby said:

This is not the traditional BDT path. I blame Patrick. Paying up front to save himself labor and heartache and time has inspired me!

Daytona Coupe is second only to Pantera on my list of dream cars. Now I need to sell my Fauxrrari kit...

I'll gladly take responsibility for this one, and I can't wait to trade keys sometime so I can drive this and you can drive Godzilla.  I probably have a radiator for you. 

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
5/23/22 9:07 p.m.

This hobby to me is like you've laid down a big line of cocaine and you're holding a rolled up dollar bill and flicking the straw towards me.  

I have no experience in the above but I did see it happen in a movie.   Man this thing is sweet.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/23/22 11:15 p.m.

In reply to Datsun310Guy :

Acquiring and driving your dream car is like ripping a fat line of coke through a rolled up $100 bill.  Allegedly. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/23/22 11:21 p.m.
nocones said:

In reply to gumby :

The BDT is still here for it

You mean waiting for the for sale ad?

gumby
gumby Dork
5/23/22 11:50 p.m.
Patrick said:

Acquiring and driving your dream car is like ripping a fat line of coke through a rolled up $100 bill.  Allegedly. 

The driving bit will take a minute; gonna hafta settle with snorting Pixie Stix thru an old page of Super Ford for now.

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
5/24/22 9:08 a.m.

The want is strong!

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
5/24/22 9:33 a.m.

I can't buy it, but thanks for sharing. I really hope your life takes a pleasant turn for a good long time.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
5/24/22 10:29 a.m.

so when we loading the truck and trailer for this?

Ian F (Forum Supporter)
Ian F (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/24/22 10:35 a.m.

Depression induced stagnation is definitely real. Good luck on getting back to your projects. 

Congrats to Gumby - and thank you for saving me from being tempted to add something to my already overflowing project plate. 

Aaron_King
Aaron_King PowerDork
5/24/22 11:02 a.m.

In reply to t25torx :

Glad to see you back and I am still DDing the 9-5 you helped me get when you lived in FL.

Mad_Ratel
Mad_Ratel Dork
5/24/22 11:03 a.m.

man, the daytona is a dream car for me as well. Totally would have sold the boss for it. 

GLWP Gumby.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
5/24/22 11:26 a.m.
t25torx said:

Evening everyone.  Wow, has it really been 6 years since I last posted here? Untreated depression is a real bitch it seems, and I've not spent any of those last 6 years working on this car. After moving back to Nashville in 2016 and then getting distracted with the 'vette project and the Mustang 'vert this one got mothballed. Then I stopped wanting to work on anything.  Just no desire to do anything with cars, or anything else really for that matter. Things are getting better though, and my motivation is coming back. But I still have two other project cars I'd rather work on, so this one needs to go. 

I'm excited to see you post here again! I always enjoyed your build threads and was amazed by your abilities. More excited to hear that things are trending in the right direction for you!!

t25torx
t25torx Dork
5/24/22 4:50 p.m.

Thanks for the well wishes all. It's been an odd last 5-6 years for sure in this process but things are starting to get back to "normal?"

I hate that I wasn't able to get this car where I wanted it and see it back to it's glory, but I still have a the Hornet and C6 to continue with. I know though if it ends up with a GRMer it's in good hands.  Also freeing up the spot in the garage will help me actually work on the projects I want to now. Hell maybe I'll even update a build thread at some point laugh.

@Aaron_King Glad to hear the SAAB is still going strong, hope you and yours are also doing well.

Oh here's a link to the imgur album. Has underside shots and more detailed areas. (Imgur Link)

chandler
chandler UltimaDork
5/24/22 6:31 p.m.
gumby said:
Patrick said:

The driving bit will take a minute; gonna hafta settle with snorting Pixie Stix thru an old page of Super Ford for now.

Which is also awesome on its own way.

Brycycles
Brycycles
5/25/22 4:53 p.m.

In reply to t25torx :

I just joined when a friend showed me this post. 
if it doesn't sell, I'll take it. 
Thx

Brycycles

t25torx
t25torx Dork
6/15/22 2:32 p.m.

And its now on the way to it's new owner Gumby! I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot more of it on the forums.

accordionfolder
accordionfolder SuperDork
6/15/22 3:08 p.m.

Congratulations all around. Excited to see a build thread

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QFHYwUPNo6SK8l9cb61VOHAIsiqAvGWx9SLEHh3lNaQ02b7B1MOcj8va7UiTCmYH