dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
7/29/21 7:27 a.m.

This looks like a good project for someone, or maybe the next official GRM project car since it is close enough to tow?

"For sale by owner, 2001 Chevrolet Corvette in Millennium Yellow.

If you are interested please txt show contact info , the car is located in Winter Garden, FL.

Condition: Did you notice I'm asking for $3K? It's worth more if parted out. It had electrical problems, then an engine issue, got a big repair bill and then it sat for years - you get the picture. It's a good deal for someone that wants to put in the effort to fix it or to part it out.

Payment is due in cash (at Bank of America), wire, zelle, or certified/bank check. I am happy to accomodate pickup/transportation."

https://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/d/winter-garden-2001-corvette/7357757914.html

Kendall_Jones
Kendall_Jones HalfDork
7/29/21 7:47 a.m.

That kinda looks scammy...

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 HalfDork
7/29/21 12:13 p.m.

im sure its a scam. i called and it was very weird. 

dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
7/29/21 2:33 p.m.

Bummer, I should have checked first. It seemed a bit low, even for salvage, but in these economic times I have seen a few legit deals like that. Oh, well. Sorry about that!

128racecar
128racecar Reader
7/31/21 10:46 a.m.

Scammy or not, you can find a better deal on a C5 that has a clean title and no electrical/engine issue. These are the best performance deal out there, if you don't mind the styling.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lmAm9fSp59XXMagSrdmKTyrQuuGxgqNUPc6LMbkcl29XaRf8Dmk9EafjuRrSdhst