dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
9/17/20 9:49 a.m.
dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
9/17/20 11:46 a.m.

In reply to dherr (Forum Supporter) :

Wow, that's possibly a really good deal on a "Five-Letter" RX-7 if you're rotary-savvy!

Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude)
Toyman01 (Moderately Supportive Dude) MegaDork
9/17/20 12:10 p.m.

I sold mine to a guy 10 years ago with a title for $750. 3 years ago it turned up in LKQ. I was a little hurt by that, but not enough to try to save it.

No title pretty much kills that one. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 PowerDork
9/18/20 7:28 a.m.

If it had a title, I'd take a chance on it. 

Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón)
Brett_Murphy (Ex-Patrón) MegaDork
9/18/20 10:39 a.m.

It's gone, though. The parts that are NLA on that were worth way more than the asking price.

dettonator20
dettonator20 New Reader
9/18/20 11:03 a.m.

I know different states have different Title laws, and some don't require a title for older cars, but this is a pretty informative article on some of the options available for situations like this, in the future.

https://www.hagerty.com/media/buying-and-selling/buying-a-car-with-a-title-issue-can-be-a-hassle-dont-deter/

15f80
15f80 New Reader
9/18/20 2:25 p.m.

Almost identical to one I had twelve years ago, but mine was silver. It needed a new emission computer and I could not find a new-old-stock for less than half the value of the car used. Living in an apartment complex that frowned on working on cars, and really strict city on street parking rules resulted in me donating it to the local PBS car repair program after buying another working car.

Steve_Jones
Steve_Jones HalfDork
9/18/20 7:09 p.m.

The rear end will fit in a Datsun Roadster with a little work gaining you an LSD and rear disc brakes. That rear end alone sells for @$1k in that world

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ICwPnRnZ59rO2Yovd6DkvpvIoHYunIbHII5LlxJsyb5BNMWcFRzwUKnKpnY21HG1