John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/21/21 10:31 a.m.

$2,200 MR2 in Cleveland, OH

Cosmetic fire damage.  I feel confident that it could get past the Ohio State rebuilt inspection in its current state.  Mght have to add a passanger side rear view mirror.  But, once past, the vin is road legal again.  Since Ohio does not have annual inspection then it would remain "road legal" even if you removed all the body panels.   

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
10/21/21 12:00 p.m.

Nice! The white ones are the fastest because there's no factory clear coat to weigh you down. ;-)

dculberson
dculberson MegaDork
10/21/21 12:01 p.m.

Also, note that all the body panels are bolt-on. So you can unbolt them and sell them for recoup without damaging anything. Talk him down to $2000 so you can enter it in the Challenge. The headlights are worth a good bit, once it's a kart you can use generic driving lights instead of headlights.

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy SuperDork
10/21/21 12:11 p.m.

yes Spyder karts are the coolest karts!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
10/22/21 11:31 a.m.
John Welsh said:

$2,200 MR2 in Cleveland, OH

Cosmetic fire damage.  I feel confident that it could get past the Ohio State rebuilt inspection in its current state.  Mght have to add a passanger side rear view mirror.  But, once past, the vin is road legal again.  Since Ohio does not have annual inspection then it would remain "road legal" even if you removed all the body panels.   

Do it John!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
z94I4b7qtpkzumePiOSRIwKyXRVW6eFXqdLva2hjca41ujJ2seyKaq8hznCYvfcg