NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
6/23/22 10:43 a.m.

I know there is some Astro Van love on here so I couldn't help but share. I like that he has build photos and it looks well done to me. NMNA

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/567589951301676/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post

Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter)
Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter) Reader
6/23/22 12:30 p.m.

That's cool, definitely a GRM van. I love the add claims "Fully undercoated and EXTREMELY clean." and then you see the pictures. Good example that shows "rust free" is a very location dependent descriptor.

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/23/22 1:08 p.m.

In reply to Fupdiggity (Forum Supporter) :

I see your profile says southern Virginia.

Yes, this car hails from one of the rustiest places in the US, Eastern Cleveland Suburbs. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
6/23/22 1:50 p.m.

that thing is legit!!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
6/23/22 2:20 p.m.

Working rear wiper (from dutch door) is a nice touch.  This thing is also AWD!  

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
6/23/22 3:20 p.m.

I am going to guess the undercarriage picture was before undercoating and he is trying to show what it was before. I probably would have thrown in a post undercoating pic too but (shrug emoji). Based on the build pics it didn't look too rusty (by NE standards) before it went under the knife. I don't think it is going to jump off the lot at $8500 but it sure is different and one of the least hacked conversions to pick up truck I have seen.

6/23/22 3:36 p.m.
John Welsh said:

I see your profile says southern Virginia.

Yes, this car hails from one of the rustiest places in the US, Eastern Cleveland Suburbs. 

in VA now, but from MI, born & raised in the rust. I still wouldn't refer to that as "extremely clean", more like "not terribly rusted"

6/23/22 3:38 p.m.
NY Nick said:

I am going to guess the undercarriage picture was before undercoating and he is trying to show what it was before. I probably would have thrown in a post undercoating pic too but (shrug emoji). Based on the build pics it didn't look too rusty (by NE standards) before it went under the knife. I don't think it is going to jump off the lot at $8500 but it sure is different and one of the least hacked conversions to pick up truck I have seen.

I think you're right, hopefully he cleaned & treated it before encapsulating in undercoating. 

NY Nick
NY Nick Dork
6/23/22 3:44 p.m.

I hear that. I think it is before because there is no paint over spray in either of the pics, it's always there and you can see it on the springs in one of the side pics. I don't know this truck from a ham sandwich so I am not trying to sell it for him and it could be a piece of E36 M3 so don't pay too much attention to me, I was searching for an old school Lumina and Facebook thought I should look at this...

Noddaz
Noddaz UberDork
6/28/22 8:55 p.m.

Interesting.

GM should have done that.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
cTCqiP0XCazeEtb0GzufMDNwr1WPVFeDWY0Q0ZHlzNFPmoIpJKjCAh9pcGXNZ3xZ