nutherjrfan
nutherjrfan UltraDork
4/2/19 8:52 p.m.

cl fail. otherwise for $1,800 how overpriced is it?

Church van they can't have put too much money into maintaining it but then they probably didn't abuse it either.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/3/19 7:27 a.m.

Would that have a 360? 

Several years ago, a lot of these vans were available when the 15 passenger vans were pretty much ruled illegal for transporting passengers.  Our church had to dump off two.     

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/3/19 9:23 a.m.

In reply to spitfirebill :

A few years ago there were a rash of roll overs in 15 passenger vans.  Something about SRW axles and the high COG that bodies gives combine for bad juju in event of a blowout.  Our hospital had to remove one row of seats from several of our vans (and we kept fresh tires on them) and relabel them as 12 passenger.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/3/19 1:02 p.m.

In reply to KyAllroad (Jeremy) :

Exactly.  I'm not so sure it would be a good tow pig based on that.  

Antihero
Antihero Dork
4/3/19 1:05 p.m.

Ive towed with a ford 15 passenger van, they are fine. And ive put a literal ton of materials in one, it wasnt tippy

Professor_Brap
Professor_Brap Dork
4/3/19 1:17 p.m.

10/10 would be a great tow pig. 

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 UberDork
4/3/19 1:45 p.m.

I had a 2001 8-passenger 2500 Ramwagon for many years. It was only a 5.2 litre, but towed just fine. The 5.9 litre in my 00 Ram van work van was a lot more powerful though.

KyAllroad (Jeremy)
KyAllroad (Jeremy) UltimaDork
4/3/19 1:47 p.m.
Antihero said:

Ive towed with a ford 15 passenger van, they are fine. And ive put a literal ton of materials in one, it wasnt tippy

Oh absolutely.  It looks to be a great tow pig, the issue it that human bodies aren't stacked like cordwood on the floor, they sit in seats.  And 3,000 lbs of meat sacks suspended a couple of feet off the floor of the van can make it exciting if a tall-sidewall outside tire lets go at 75 mph, at night, in the mountains, driven by an amateur.  By-and-large, the 15 passenger vans were a fine idea but when everything came together wrong they ended poorly.

chandler
chandler PowerDork
4/3/19 4:14 p.m.

I hauled Amish in one of those for 75,000 miles. It had 495,000 on it, they are unstoppable.

jsymonds
jsymonds Reader
4/3/19 5:10 p.m.

This has 60k miles on it? That's like a 44 mile route every Sunday since it was new.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill MegaDork
4/3/19 6:47 p.m.

I thought the long rear overhang might cause problems towing something.  

Cooter
Cooter SuperDork
4/3/19 8:33 p.m.
spitfirebill said:

Would that have a 360? 

Several years ago, a lot of these vans were available when the 15 passenger vans were pretty much ruled illegal for transporting passengers.  Our church had to dump off two.     

Could be a 318 or 360,  Either way, it would be a TBI engine.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EbgM4xbROMCDsKyLAJcht6ImEd7k7QqaHp4NuzlA2HiGLpiTeLMI8nzGZThrvX1J